Of all the reports available on eservices

Started by Майор Хаткевич, November 05, 2013, 06:09:38 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Where is the one to see who dropped off the roster recently?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

coudano

Nah, i've seen one...  but I can't remember where...

like members about to expire in 60days, 30 days, and members who expired within the last 3 months
or something like that?  maybe commanders only?

FlyTiger77

Quote from: coudano on November 05, 2013, 01:40:45 PM
Nah, i've seen one...  but I can't remember where...

like members about to expire in 60days, 30 days, and members who expired within the last 3 months
or something like that?  maybe commanders only?

There is a report in the Commanders' Corner that shows the individuals who are expiring within 30, 60 and 90 days but it doesn't show the recent expirations.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Yea, got access to the 90 days out. Doesn't show those already gone.

Offutteer

So....  Who's writing the Help Desk request?  I don't think we all need to do it.

A simple enough report.  Expired members within 90 days with contact information (address, phone and email).  Could do a lot to help with retention. 

JeffDG

The data's available in "CAPWATCH"

When members drop off, their status changes to "EXPIRED".  All the contact information is still there too.

Storm Chaser

You can get a report for members whose membership expired within 90 days. The report is under Members Reports, Membership. Make sure you select the option to include inactive members within past 90 days.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 05, 2013, 02:46:31 PM
You can get a report for members whose membership expired within 90 days. The report is under Members Reports, Membership. Make sure you select the option to include inactive members within past 90 days.

Awesome, thanks!

Now to put it under cadet reports.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on November 05, 2013, 02:38:17 PM
The data's available in "CAPWATCH"

When members drop off, their status changes to "EXPIRED".  All the contact information is still there too.

The data is there, but there's no "reports" per se - those are just raw tables.  You still need to be able to do something with them.

I forgot about the "90 day expiration" one.

One that would be real nice would be a "forever" ex-members with the date they dropped off so we could do long-term stats.  A lot of
these reports are useless for a year if you start tracking something no one was watching before.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Private Investigator

Quote from: Offutteer on November 05, 2013, 02:36:48 PM
So....  Who's writing the Help Desk request?  I don't think we all need to do it.

A simple enough report.  Expired members within 90 days with contact information (address, phone and email).  Could do a lot to help with retention.

Not really. When their time is done, they're done. I use to chase after expired members and found the best thing was get an "exit interview" and find out why they are leaving. If it is not fun why stay?

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 05, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

Awesome, thanks!

I would argue that it doesn't belong there.  This report isn't just about cadets, it lists all member types at the unit.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on November 07, 2013, 05:29:57 PM

Awesome, thanks!

I would argue that it doesn't belong there.  This report isn't just about cadets, it lists all member types at the unit.

Right, and as a Leadership Officer, I work under the CDC, who asked me who dropped to bring our count down, and I had a hell of a time finding it out under the cadet restricted apps.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 07, 2013, 05:46:29 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Right, and as a Leadership Officer, I work under the CDC, who asked me who dropped to bring our count down, and I had a hell of a time finding it out under the cadet restricted apps.

So ask your wsa for access to member reports or capwatch download.  The purpose of the various cadet centric restricted applications is not to provide the information you were seeking.
1577/2811

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on November 07, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

Awesome, thanks!

So ask your wsa for access to member reports or capwatch download.  The purpose of the various cadet centric restricted applications is not to provide the information you were seeking.

Incidentally as the Leadership Officer I did have access to the info in the posted report path. But a cadet specific one would be useful, and can be rolled into the 90days from expiration report.

abdsp51

Or, you can use SIMS and filter the data you're looking for.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: abdsp51 on November 07, 2013, 07:08:51 PM
Or, you can use SIMS and filter the data you're looking for.

Sims? Wasn't that the platform...popular in 2007? I seem to remember there was a lot of excitement about it at the tail end of my cadet days. Of course eservices was also near useless back then and in-house stuff was quite common on the idea front.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 07, 2013, 06:23:28 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on November 07, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Incidentally as the Leadership Officer I did have access to the info in the posted report path. But a cadet specific one would be useful, and can be rolled into the 90days from expiration report.
And where would that report go?

Cadet Promotions application is specifically for cadet promotions
Cadet Uniform application is specifically for cadet uniforms
CAP Scholarship application is specifically for scholarships
Cadet Online Testing application is specifically for cadet testing
Event Administration and Event NESA Administration is specifically for the administration of NCSAs/NESA respectively

How about a section specifically for reports of a membership nature?  Say how about in that report option including a function to filter by member type?  Something kind of like the attached image.
1577/2811

Майор Хаткевич

Cadet Promotions have reports.  Make it an option under the 90 Day Lapse.