encampment wake up times

Started by Cadet Bonnett, June 22, 2005, 01:03:45 AM

Basically Regs

Ha, we didn't have to do fire watch. We did get up early though. A 16 hour day is a little too much for me. But I'm working on it.

Horn229

ROFL, I don't remember the last CAP activity where I 8hrs of sleep. I need to go to your encampment, all the activities I go to, I only get 3 - 6hrs of sleep. :)

Where are you from?
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Basically Regs

only 3-6 hours of sleep? Were you on the staff? you'll have to email me if you want to know where I'm from.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Horn229 on July 18, 2005, 04:26:56 PM
ROFL, I don't remember the last CAP activity where I 8hrs of sleep. I need to go to your encampment, all the activities I go to, I only get 3 - 6hrs of sleep. :)

Where are you from?

Balloonies unite! (unite under little sleep, that is)
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

CAPRANGER

In regards to sleep, it all depends.  When I was a basic many moons ago, we were up at 0415.  Understand though, when I first did basic, that was allowed, in addition to pushups on the spot, bunks thrown out wndows, etc--the good old days!  I have been to 6 encampments now, and now we tend to do 5 am.  In regards to CQ it depends.  Last year I was the Squadron Commander for encampment, and I was responsible for making all the scheduling for CQ.  Basically, all I did was but 2 flights per night, and switch them on and off, A&D B&C etc.  Very random.  Well, I am going to get off so I can get back to work.

<Mod Edit: Removed the obvious lie in your signature>
//SIGNED//
JOSEPH S. GORGOGLIONE, A1C, USAF
USAF Command Post Controller
www.ctbrad.ang.af.mil
CAPSearchandRescue@gmail.com

Eclipse

Il Spring is usually 530-545 for staff, 0600 for basics, with a hard lights out at 2200 for basics and 2230 for everyone - if its not done by 2230, it waits until tomorrow.

As this is a weekend encampment, sleep deprivation becomes a safety issue on the ride home.

If you want to take a look at a typical IL Spring Schedule, it is online here:
http://group22.net/encampment/

BTW - I am >DYING< to know what the obvious lie was...

"That Others May Zoom"

whatevah

he signed his post as a C/COL... just one of many lies he was caught in.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

JaL5597

Quote from: CAPRANGER on December 03, 2005, 04:17:25 PM
In regards to sleep, it all depends.  When I was a basic many moons ago, we were up at 0415.  Understand though, when I first did basic, that was allowed, in addition to pushups on the spot, bunks thrown out wndows, etc--the good old days!  I have been to 6 encampments now, and now we tend to do 5 am.  In regards to CQ it depends.  Last year I was the Squadron Commander for encampment, and I was responsible for making all the scheduling for CQ.  Basically, all I did was but 2 flights per night, and switch them on and off, A&D B&C etc.  Very random.  Well, I am going to get off so I can get back to work.

<Mod Edit: Removed the obvious lie in your signature>

Hmm.  0415?  What encampment did you go to?  Somehow I don't think so.

When I did my basic we did not get up that early. 

If I am thinking of the encampment your talking about you must remember that there are things that occured there which never should of happened.  There is no way to justify those things, its just they should of never happened.

Marine Corps Gal

I woke up at 4:00 every morning (don't ask me why) even though we weren't officially gotten up until a very late 5:30.   ::)
OO-RAH.

Heather

CTWG wakes up at 0500  cadet staff...well female cadet staff...got up at around 0445. Lights out for basics was at 1900 and 2000 for staff...cadet staff.
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

Becks

Quote from: Heather on July 15, 2006, 07:03:26 PM
CTWG wakes up at 0500  cadet staff...well female cadet staff...got up at around 0445. Lights out for basics was at 1900 and 2000 for staff...cadet staff.

Lights out at 1900?? Its still light out in the summer until at least 2030 usually.  Hope the cadets had blinds in their rooms  :o   I seem to recall getting up at around 0445 when I went to encampment and lights out around 2200.  CQ wasn't bad, just rather boring, if I recall every flight did CQ since it was a rather large ANG base that we had pretty much all of for our encampment.

Edit: Spelling and more spelling

BBATW

MIKE

??? I think you mean CQ not CG. 
Mike Johnston

Becks

Haha thanks Sir, you caught my brain-fart :)

BBATW

Heather

Quote from: MIKE on July 07, 2005, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Basically Regs on July 07, 2005, 03:05:50 PM
Who usually does the fire watch?

Cadets attending their basic encampment(s) ie: Non-staff cadets... You will usually be detailed by and report to a cadet staff member for fire watch or CQ.

At CTWG Encampment basics usually do CQ but on the last real day...cadet staff does it. Sounds bad but depending on who you are with...it's actually pretty fun.
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

ZigZag911

Just as a matter of general interest, the traditional term expressing the hour of reveille in military time is 'oh-dark-thirty'!

shorning

Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 21, 2006, 05:59:59 PM
Just as a matter of general interest, the traditional term expressing the hour of reveille in military time is 'oh-dark-thirty'!

Pfftt...I'm usually at work two hours before then! ;)

mprokosch11

I leave for the NY Wing encampment tomorrow i will post on what time basics get up at.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)