Main Menu

OPSEC

Started by lostdude1664, June 22, 2015, 04:58:00 AM

lostdude1664

I need to get the direct link to OPSEC to teach a class on OPSEC. Can you send me a direct link? Thanks!

lordmonar

The link seems to be broken....I just dropped a trouble ticket to see what the problem is.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on June 22, 2015, 05:22:20 AM
The link seems to be broken....I just dropped a trouble ticket to see what the problem is.

I could tell you what the link is, but then I'd have to kill you.   >:D

almostspaatz

Quote from: JeffDG on June 22, 2015, 12:46:14 PM
I could tell you what the link is, but then I'd have to kill you.   >:D

:clap:
C/Maj Steve Garrett

Holding Pattern

Quote from: lordmonar on June 22, 2015, 05:22:20 AM

My last interaction on the subject was that the link has been discontinued since it is only used once by everyone, and is incorporated into the eservices onboarding process now.

Brad

A Squadron in TXWG came up with this apparently, current as of 2014: http://www.captx129.org/download/Library/OPSEC%20-%20Security%20Training%20Rev%206.0%20Jan-2014.ppsx, if you need something until the NHQ links are fixed.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

lordmonar

Just got the KB answer.   The course is discontinued. 

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: lordmonar on June 23, 2015, 05:53:28 PM
This may be the 10 hour work shift taking its toll on my brain here, but, did I just read that right?  That the OPSEC course is discontinued?  Isn't this required to even log into eServices?  Was there an announcement I missed somewhere?
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

lordmonar

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2015, 10:50:00 AM
This may be the 10 hour work shift taking its toll on my brain here, but, did I just read that right?  That the OPSEC course is discontinued?  Isn't this required to even log into eServices?  Was there an announcement I missed somewhere?
It is now part of the initial E-Services Log-in protocol.   Ergo....anyone who can log into E-services has completed OPSEC training.

kwe1009

Quote from: lordmonar on June 24, 2015, 12:24:51 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2015, 10:50:00 AM
It is now part of the initial E-Services Log-in protocol.   Ergo....anyone who can log into E-services has completed OPSEC training.

I believe it has been that way for a number of years.  When I joined 3 years ago I had to take the OPSEC course as soon as I logged in the first time.

Holding Pattern

As an aside, IMHO this is a mistake, as it essentially means that our OPSEC curriculum is designed to teach people about OPSEC precisely ONCE in their entire CAP career.

It's been turned into a checkbox course (that is, "We've built this to satisfy a compliance requirement, but not to actually teach anything") and it will likely bite us sooner rather than later.

PHall

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on June 26, 2015, 12:57:45 AM
As an aside, IMHO this is a mistake, as it essentially means that our OPSEC curriculum is designed to teach people about OPSEC precisely ONCE in their entire CAP career.

It's been turned into a checkbox course (that is, "We've built this to satisfy a compliance requirement, but not to actually teach anything") and it will likely bite us sooner rather than later.

It's a check box course in the Air Force right now. Something covered during the mandatory training day in October. Usually via a "Death by Power Point" slide show.
We're just following Big Blue's lead on this.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: PHall on June 26, 2015, 01:02:14 AM

It's a check box course in the Air Force right now. Something covered during the mandatory training day in October. Usually via a "Death by Power Point" slide show.

And....nothing says that reminders can't be given from time to time (2-3 minutes?) without having to repeat a course.

Then again, our Safety compliance program deviates from that logic, doesn't it?

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

PHall

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on June 26, 2015, 06:08:22 AM
Quote from: PHall on June 26, 2015, 01:02:14 AM

And....nothing says that reminders can't be given from time to time (2-3 minutes?) without having to repeat a course.

Then again, our Safety compliance program deviates from that logic, doesn't it?

You're assuming that they're using logic. You know what happens when you assume, right? >:D