DAR outstanding cadet medal

Started by CapStranger, January 11, 2020, 08:06:29 PM

CapStranger

I recently was awarded the Outstanding Cadet Medal from The National Society of The Daughters of the American Revolution. This came with a ribbon and a pin on medal. I am wondering where I can put the medal on my Class A blues. Thank you for the help.
C/2dLt
CAC Representative
Alpha Flight Commander

Gunsotsu

One would think a C/2d Lt would know where to go to find those answers, much less need to ask in an open forum.

RangerConlin

Neither the medal or ribbon are approved for wear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SarDragon

Quote from: Gunsotsu on January 11, 2020, 08:47:23 PM
One would think a C/2d Lt would know where to go to find those answers, much less need to ask in an open forum.

I was looking more at the squadron leadership that failed to address this when the medal was presented.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

Congrats !!!!   :)

Are you still just as excited and proud to have received the recognition, or will the inability to wear it for others to see, making the whole thing a downer?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

CAP9907

Quote from: CapStranger on January 11, 2020, 08:06:29 PM
I recently was awarded the Outstanding Cadet Medal from The National Society of The Daughters of the American Revolution. This came with a ribbon and a pin on medal. I am wondering where I can put the medal on my Class A blues. Thank you for the help.

You cannot wear it.

and that'll do it.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0