Main Menu

Medal of Valor Association

Started by James Shaw, August 19, 2007, 12:30:22 PM

Duke Dillio

^^^  Touche...

Then again, I know I'd do the same thing...

James Shaw

Please remember this thread is about the Medal of Valor Association and is not discussing the validity of who or what should qualify. I am not myself saying anything about what the qualification should be for the SMV or BMV. 39-1 has that information and if you need to clear up any subjective opinions than they should call NHQ.

I personally do not feel that being a paid professional should negate any recognition from any organization. I would ask that another thread be started about what and who qualifies for these awards.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Flying Pig

Well, back to the subject..

I would love to see, somewhere at National, to have a photo and a citation for every SM or BM awarded. In my law enforcement agency, the halls of the HQ building have a photo and citation for our Valor Awards.  Its neat to walk down the halls and see.  Fortunately, MOST of the people pictured are still working.

By the way...who is the President of the MoV Assc?

Duke Dillio

That would be something the MOV Association could do.  They could make a CAP Hall of Honor or something...

James Shaw

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 26, 2008, 12:18:35 AM

I would love to see, somewhere at National, to have a photo and a citation for every SM or BM awarded. In my law enforcement agency, the halls of the HQ building have a photo and citation for our Valor Awards.  Its neat to walk down the halls and see.  Fortunately, MOST of the people pictured are still working.

We are working on the online version of the wall at this time. It takes alot of time and research.

MOVA President is Lt. Col. Todd Engelman, CAP. GAWG IG and SER Asst Historian
MOVA Vice-President is me.
Jim Shaw

PlaneFlyr

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 26, 2008, 12:18:35 AM

I'm the president at the moment.  Once we've gotten the organization up an running, I hope to hold elections so someone else can carry the group forward.

We founded the group for several reasons.  One is to help other members and their families.  Another is to do additional efforts to help CAP (motivational speaking, etc.).  And another is for comeraderie. 

I'm hoping to get a newsletter out to as many members as possible in a month or so (work and family duties permitting).  In it, I plan to make a few proposals for the direction of the organization, talk about some members activities, and request for feedback. 

If any recipients have recommendations or want more information, feel free to send me a message.
Lt Col Todd Engelman, CAP
Historian
President of the Medal of Valor Association

teesquared

...A firefighter took over CPR and Rae intubated the victim, and operated the bag valve mask while also tending to the victim's massive head wounds...

Was this a typo?

I just wrote what he told me.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

James Shaw

I am finally able to put my citation up. It has been a couple of years and the "rules" have changed because of me leaving my employeer.
Jim Shaw

James Shaw

Lt. Col. Richard Greenwood SMV recipient from GAWG has been selected as GAWG Vice Commander. He received the SMV on 08/27/05. Congrats and condolences Richard!!!!!!!
Jim Shaw

James Shaw

Greetings all!!

I have started a Medal of Valor Association page on Facebook. It is new and I am still learning about the features. If you are a recipient of the Medal of Valor I invite you to join. This is for both the Bronze and Silver Medal of Valor.
Jim Shaw

cbrnc123

Let me know when this Facebook page is up and running. I have a BMOV from the 1960's. Thanks!

James Shaw

I need two really good graphic images for the SMV and BMV if anyone has some available. They will be blown up to about 8X10.
Jim Shaw

CAPSCOUT

Hi,
I was awarded the BMV in 1999. Looking forward to networking with other MOV personnel.

LtCol Darrel D. Williamson, CAP
Indiana Wing Inspector General

James Shaw

Quote from: CAPSCOUT on November 22, 2010, 05:40:11 PM
I was awarded the BMV in 1999. Looking forward to networking with other MOV personnel.

Glad to hear from you. We are still building the group and welcome all recipients.
Jim Shaw

Flying Pig

I was suppossed to be put in for one, but the commander forgot to send it in and I found it in a desk drawer about 4 years later! ;D

bosshawk

Sounds like something that I have experieced, only with a different award.  Welcome to CAWG. :clap:
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

CAP_truth

Here is some pics
Cadet CoP
Wilson

James Shaw

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Please Read  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Greetings all, I have a challenge and a request for members of this board. I am trying to find fellow recipients of the Medal of Valor. Please read below and look at the list.

In an effort to reach and find more recipients I would like to enlist the assistance of my fellow CAP Talkers. Here is the challenge.
Find an SMV or BMV recipient. This person can be in your squadron or group or maybe just someone you know. Get me their contact information and when I make a connection with them. The person who finds them will receive one of the Medal of Valor Association bronze toned coins. The SMV or BMV recipient will be sent one of the silver challenge coins. I have listed the people I have contact information for and have spoken too over the last couple of years.

The first person who gives the info will receive the coin. If I have two people give me the same person the first one will receive the coin assuming that the contact information is correct. I will only give one coin per person.

If the person who finds them is a recipient they won't get another coin, just the satisfaction of knowing we have found another member.

This is a list of those I have already.

Randy Kraatz
Tony Tarpy
Ron Snorgrass
Marc Cohen
Rich Anderson
Mark Ashcraft
Tim Steppan
Kristofer Copes
Todd Engelman
Richard Greenwood
Jim Winney
Randall Wisener
Phillip Malone
Lujis Cubano
Darrell Williamson
Johnnie Pantanelli
Robert Frisch
Clyde Webb
Chris Robbins
Malcolm Webb
Thomas Plass
Stephan Antolini
Joseph Ingram
Jim Shaw

James Shaw

Thanks Tim Medeiros

Lt Col Robert Ashman SMV recipient from 2005
Jim Shaw

MSG Mac

Bobbie Tourville at National Headquarters BMV
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member