Main Menu

Cadet transfer approval

Started by NHQ-OS-126 Frank, February 09, 2012, 09:46:51 AM

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello,

We have a cadet who went back from our overseas unit NHQ-OS-126  to the states and joined MD-028 there. The sq/cc of MD-028 put a transfer request in on e-services and I got an email saying that the transfer is pending. The sq/cc told me that on his side the transfer is pending too and that I must approve the transfer on this end.  But unfortunately I don't find an "approve" button where I can finalize the cadet transfer.

Does anyone know where I can find this approval section ?

Thanks for you help.

Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

spacecommand

To my knowledge, the outgoing member's commander does nothing.  They can only disapprove the transfer. So on your end, you do nothing unless you hate the person and disapprove the transfer  :o

Otherwise, the gaining commander has to initiate and also approve the transfer.  In reading another post here:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13849.0

It might be because the gaining commander initiated the transfer, but has not approved it yet on their end.  It appears to be a two step process where gaining commanders might only do one step, initiate, but forget to approve on their end as well.

coudano

sometimes they have to submit multiple times to get it to "take"
this has been true in the past i don't know if it's still that way or not

also any records you may have on your end may need to be shipped to the new unit, if the member didn't take them when they left

CAPSGT

Approvals are done in commander's corner.  The gaining unit may have to approve it, particularly depending on who initiated it.  Sometimes things auto-approves if the commander was the one actually entering the action.  Once it is approved by the gaining unit commander, the member will actually show up on the new unit's books and be removed from the rolls of the prior squadron.

The transfer will appear in the losing commander's transfers section of commanders corner to allow the losing commander an opportunity to reject the transfer.  There is an option for the losing commander to approve to basically clear the transfer from the list of transfers that the losing commander has the ability to deny.  If the losing commander does nothing, the transfer is considered approved after 2 months.

BTW, the August 2011 version of CAPR 39-2 Paragraph 1-11 d (1) at the top of page 6 basically says the same thing. 
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron