Main Menu

CAP NCO's

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, December 31, 2010, 04:16:03 PM

DakRadz

Cadet, perhaps you should stop while you're behind. Just here on CT there are several dual CAP/CGAux members.

Unless there was some sort of unexplained joke to the second part? But seriously.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: DakRadz on August 31, 2011, 05:00:43 AM
Cadet, perhaps you should stop while you're behind. Just here on CT there are several dual CAP/CGAux members.

Unless there was some sort of unexplained joke to the second part? But seriously.

Props to the "quit while behind."

Even so, if it's an unexplained joke, as a former CG Auxiliarist, I don't think I want to know the "explanation."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MIKE

Not to mention the lead moderator is a very active Auxiliarist.  Another case of open mouth, insert foot?
Mike Johnston

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 31, 2011, 04:48:13 AM

Whats coast guard? >:D

At least you aren't coastie auxillary. :)

How do you know I'm not a auxilarist?

I get that the first part may be a joke, but don't you dare slam the Aux. They do a major service to the CG, from directly augmenting cutters (rare but has happened), standing radio watches at small boat stations, even teaching some classes at enlisted boot camp. They are very much considered part of the team and even can partake in some military benefits like MWR stuff and so on. They save the CG a lot of money. I've only worked with them a handful of times because my unit does not have any attached to it, but they got me through some boat crew TCT quickly, which could have been a lot worse if the auxie didn't make it somewhat interesting....

http://coastguard.dodlive.mil/2011/02/shipmate-of-the-week-aux-betty-riddle/

RiverAux

Jeez guys.  He put the happy face on the post so it was obviously meant as a joke.

Ford73Diesel

He didn't put a smiley face behind the second part. But yeah I think in a second review that it was a joke.

But to answer his first question of "what's coast guard"- It is the nucleus around which the other branches form during times of war.

sandman

I wasn't sure which thread to post this, but this one had the most recent activity regarding CAP NCO's. I like the stripes sported by this CAP NCO at this most recent AFSA (50th) anniversary (of course General Schwartz was there, as well as a few others)!
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

lordmonar

Well....it looks like we got new stripes......now are going to get an NCO program?

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

sandman

Quote from: lordmonar on August 31, 2011, 07:46:57 PM
Well....it looks like we got new stripes......now are going to get an NCO program?
Maybe new stripes, maybe not. It sure would be nice to have a viable NCO program. I personally like the CAP modified stripes (heck, I might switch to stripes...but there's plenty of conversation threads on that) She also sported these stripes:

MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol

sandman

Just as an aside, to the cadet (or any cadet) busting on USCG Auxiliary members, note this: Part of my job, as US Coast Guard Auxiliarist, is to screen young men and women applying to the USCG Academy....I visit with you, and send my recommendation to the admissions office, hence the title "Academy Admissions Partner". Be careful, you never know to whom you are speaking.
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol

DakRadz

:o

Eh?? Well... Those aren't what I thought CAP NCOs wore. Aaaaaand uniform thread. 8)

Also, during Georgia Academy Day, the two USCG LTs were standing side by side with the AAPs from the Aux. Very much respect for each other and handling their own area.
I also met one of Adm Thad Allen's USCGA classmates.

sandman

Quote from: DakRadz on August 31, 2011, 08:17:50 PM
:o   Aaaaaand uniform thread. 8)

You'll get over it....
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol

davidsinn

Quote from: sandman on August 31, 2011, 07:53:18 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 31, 2011, 07:46:57 PM
Maybe new stripes, maybe not. It sure would be nice to have a viable NCO program. I personally like the CAP modified stripes (heck, I might switch to stripes...but there's plenty of conversation threads on that) She also sported these stripes:

Great now we have SNCOs making up their own uniform. 39-1 says wear standard AF stripes.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Those 2 uniforms worn on the same day?

The NCO "program" (i guess is what we will call it) makes little sense as it is, now we have 2 sets of stripes?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

sandman

A quote from a friend (the First Lieutenant in the picture with the Chief Master Sergeant) From Facebook entry:

QuoteThat afternoon, General Carr briefed the new CAP NCO program with Chief Walpus sporting the new CAP NCO Chief Master Sergeant chevrons. No implementation date has been set for the program.

So I wouldn't put too much effort in trying to interpret the CAP regulations regarding uniforms....NHQ probably is nowhere near ready to release an updated version....
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol

NCRblues

Quote from: sandman on August 31, 2011, 10:29:29 PM
A quote from a friend (the First Lieutenant in the picture with the Chief Master Sergeant) From Facebook entry:

QuoteThat afternoon, General Carr briefed the new CAP NCO program with Chief Walpus sporting the new CAP NCO Chief Master Sergeant chevrons. No implementation date has been set for the program.

So I wouldn't put too much effort in trying to interpret the CAP regulations regarding uniforms....NHQ probably is nowhere near ready to release an updated version....

Uh huh....and this does not violate the 2 year ban on unifrom changes how? When did the NB or NEC vote on this one?

Hardshell Clam

Creed of the Noncommissioned Officer

No man is more professional than I. I am a
Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of men. As a
Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a
time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the
Army."

I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers
and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit
upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country
regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will
not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or
personal safety.

Competence is my watch-word. My two basic
responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind--
accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my men. I
will strive to remain tactically and technically
proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned
Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in
that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding
leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my
soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own

I will communicate consistently with my men and never leave
them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when
recommending both rewards and punishment.
Officers of my unit will have maximum time to
accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish
mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as
that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I
serve; seniors, peers and subordinates alike. I will
exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the
absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor
my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my
comrades to forget that we are professionals,
Noncommissioned Officers, leaders of men.

sandman

Quote from: NCRblues on August 31, 2011, 09:50:56 PM
Those 2 uniforms worn on the same day?

Not quite in one day. Here is the full PAO release from facebook:

QuoteAuthor: 1Lt Nancy Kerr, Senior Member,
Dates: July 23-27, 2011.
Picture by: 1Lt Nancy Kerr
Signed: 1Lt Nancy Kerr, PAO, Lackland Cadet Squadron, SWR-TX-007
Total number of pictures attached: 14 pics.
July 23-27, 2011, the Air Force Sergeant's Associations (AFSA) Professional Airmen's Conference, was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, in San Antonio, Texas. This year over 1200 attendees from around the world attended the AFSA conference. AFSA celebrated their 50th Anniversary of the AFSA. Senior Member 1st Lt Nancy Kerr, accepted the challenge to solicit volunteers in the San Antonio area to assist in manning the Civil Air Patrol booth for the Recruiting and Retention CAP National Headquarters (NHQs) office, located at Maxwell AFB, Alabama.

CAP recently established a relationship with the AFSA and AFSA is sponsoring a new National Level Cadet award this year, in addition to what they have done at the unit level in the past. AFSA is a non-profit organization and promotes and protects the quality-of-life benefits of Air Force personnel and their families worldwide. AFSA was founded in 1961 and has over 110,000 personnel and consist of active, retired and veteran members.

The Civil Air Patrol booth provided informational brochures and passed out airplanes to attendees at the conference.

Day 1-Saturday, 23 Jul 11: The CAP National Command Chief, Retired Air Force Chief Master Sergeant, Lou Walpus, 1st Lt Nancy Kerr, Cadet 2d Lt Alliayah Thomas and her parents assisted with setting up the booth display. Maj Robert Howard, the Lackland Cadet Squadron Commander helped man the booth with Chief Walpus and Lt Kerr. AFSA's theme was "biker" night.
Day 2-Sunday, 24 Jul 11: Cadet SSgt Andrew Staufer and his mother, Senior Member Regina Staufer volunteered their time in manning the booth with Lt Nancy Kerr. Cadet SSgt Staufer possible recruited a new Cadet in CAP in the near future for the Lackland Cadet Squadron.
Day 3-Monday, 25 Jul 11: CAP's Vice Commander, Brigadier General Charles L. Carr, arrived at the booth and thanked Lt Kerr for volunteering her time manning the booth and spearheading this project for the CAP National HQ's office. General Carr "coined" Cadet SSgt Stauffer, Lt Kerr and Lt Col Joyce Sean Habina. Cadet SSgt Staufer commented that the General's coin was the first CAP coin he had ever received. Gen Carr commented, "children" today want to know that people are concerned about them. But, getting good grades in school is the most important thing." That afternoon, General Carr briefed the new CAP NCO program with Chief Walpus sporting the new CAP NCO Chief Master Sergeant chevrons. No implementation date has been set for the program.

The conference was interesting and motivating. It was exciting to meet those who have an interest in CAP and have a connection with the sergeants in the military.

Cpl Rob Engelbrecht, US Army, from Tomball Texas, with the Helping A Hero.Org, was injured when his vehicle was struck by an IED explosive. He suffered injuries in the blast to his left leg, face, and body and has traumatic brain injury that has impacted his short term memory. His injuries to the discs in his back require him to be in a wheelchair 95% of the time.
Earlier this year, Cpl Engelbrecht was presented with a fully adapted handicapped accessible home through the Helping a Hero.Org. Lt Kerr attended the AFSA's 50th Anniversary Gala on 27 July with Cpl Engelbrecht, and other wounded heros.

Former Cadet Lt Col Aaron Hanes, from the South Baldwin County Cadet Squadron, stopped by to visit General Carr. While a cadet from 2009-2010, Aaron Hanes was the Vice Chairman of the NCAC committee. He is in the process of transferring from the Cadet Program to the Senior Member program with CAP in Orange Beach, Alabama.

Retired Chief Curtis Gist stopped by the CAP booth. He spent 4 years on active duty and served in the reserves for a total of 37 years from 1959 to 1991. During his last 4 years, Mr. Gist worked with a CAP unit and stated he was part of the foundation that wrote the criteria for the Air Force Sergeants Association award. He currently lives in Wheatland, Missouri.

Day 4-Tuesday, 26 Jul 11: Lt Col Joyce Sean Habina, Lt Kerr, and Cadet SSgt Stauffer manned the booth providing valuable CAP information to the conference attendees.

Day 5-Wednesday, 27 Jul 11: While arriving for the last shift, The Dallas Cowboy Football team arrived at the Grand Hyatt Hotel for their two weeks of practice at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas. Lt Nancy Kerr, Capt Lorrie Tetlow and Cadet SSgt Andrew Stauffer manned the booth. Lt Kerr attended the AFSA gala that night which provided closure for the AFSA conference. At the Gala, Secretary of the Air Force, Washington DC, Mr. Mike Donley, along with Air Force Chief of Staff , 4-star, General Norty Schwartz, who spoke about the future of the Air Force, and Air Force Assistant Vice Chief of Staff, 3-star, Lt Gen Richard Newton III were present for AFSA's 50th Anniversary celebration.

Special thanks to all the volunteers that manned the CAP booth.....your time away from work and home is appreciated!

Props to Lieutenant Kerr for a nice PAO release!
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol

NCRblues

^ it is  nice ..but..

My question still stands, how does "new chevrons" not violate the ban on uniform modifications? Also, when did the NB or the NEC vote on it?

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on August 31, 2011, 10:33:31 PM
Quote from: sandman on August 31, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Uh huh....and this does not violate the 2 year ban on unifrom changes how? When did the NB or NEC vote on this one?
Well to be fair........it is not a change....it is simply a uniform change in the test phase.   One would expect when the program gets more mature and they are ready to push it to the NB/NEC for a vote.....it will be after the 2 year ban.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP