Main Menu

My Squadron's Website

Started by caphornbuckle, September 14, 2006, 04:53:12 AM

caphornbuckle

I am so proud of our squadron's website, I feel everyone should see it!

It is very informative and shows a lot of hard work the Public Affairs Officer put into it!

And don't worry, all the information on it is with the consent of those involved including the use of the pictures of cadets (which has been in discussion for a while on other sites of possibly becoming regulation)

www.andersoncompositesquadron.org

I hope everyone advertises their site so we can learn from each other!

Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

mawr

Very informative indeed.  You should be proud.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

Psicorp

Great website, Sir.

I can see where keeping that updated would be nearly a full time job for your webmaster/mistress.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

TopFlight

:clap: Bravo! Congratulations to Anderson Composite Squadron, Indiana, on an excellent website.
Maureen Robinson
Southeast Region

Greg Williams

Very nice web site sir.  I'm proud of my squadron's site as well - Our PA officer does a great job...
http://sq121.cawg.cap.gov

Let me know what you think.  We are always open for suggestions.

Lt. Greg L. Williams
Squadron Commander
Bakersfield Composite Squadron 121

caphornbuckle

pixelwonk

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 14, 2006, 04:53:12 AM
I am so proud of our squadron's website, I feel everyone should see it!

It is very informative and shows a lot of hard work the Public Affairs Officer put into it!

And don't worry, all the information on it is with the consent of those involved including the use of the pictures of cadets (which has been in discussion for a while on other sites of possibly becoming regulation)

www.andersoncompositesquadron.org

I hope everyone advertises their site so we can learn from each other!

I'd say it was great if you hadn't taken  WIWG's Join CAP "hover" graphic for your own...   ::)

Kinda goes against your "And don't worry, all the information on it is with the consent of those involved" bit, doesn't it?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

caphornbuckle

[/quote]

I'd say it was great if you hadn't taken  WIWG's Join CAP "hover" graphic for your own...   ::)

Kinda goes against your "And don't worry, all the information on it is with the consent of those involved" bit, doesn't it?
[/quote]

It wasn't taken without permission from someone in Wisconsin or Wisconsin "borrowed" it from someone else.  Like I said, everything on the site is with consent of the person who is responsible for the site.

Are you responsible for that site?  Are there any other members responsible for that site also?  Doesn't seem to make a big deal anyways considering how Wisconsin's site looks.

I take things personally when it comes to the squadron.  You make it no different when you try to compare my squadron's site to a poor wing site.

arajca

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 26, 2006, 07:34:06 PMYou make it no different when you try to compare my squadron's site to a poor wing site.

Duck and Cover, People! ;D

pixelwonk

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 26, 2006, 07:34:06 PM

Quote from: me

It wasn't taken without permission from someone in Wisconsin or Wisconsin "borrowed" it from someone else.  Like I said, everything on the site is with consent of the person who is responsible for the site.

Are you responsible for that site?  Are there any other members responsible for that site also?  Doesn't seem to make a big deal anyways considering how Wisconsin's site looks.

I take things personally when it comes to the squadron.  You make it no different when you try to compare my squadron's site to a poor wing site.

Gee, you do take things personally.  A great trait for a squadron commander to have.

From a non-personally-taken stance, if I was notified I was using something without permission, I'd pony up an apology most riki-tiki and politely ask the person who made it if they'd mind sharing.  And yes, I am responsible for the site, as well as creator of that graphic.  Many people here would attest to that. 

It's rather odd that you trash the appearance of another website when you (or your staff) have taken the liberty of an online five-finger discount to procure its contents, don't you think?

And while you're at it, there's another poor site called www.civilairportal that you seem to be frequenting that's also mine.  Feel free to bash that one all you want too, just don't steal from it. 

Mmmkay?

PS... I found this funny too:
Quote from: CAPEAGLE on Civilairportal.comHow do I go about getting an avatar in my sig?  Whoever thought those up were a genius!

Thanks

Again, me.  Sorry to burst your bubble that this so called genius that I am can't even make a decent wing website.

smj58501

Is it too late to place bets on this cockfight?

Seriously boys, its just a website. It isn't worth getting this wound up over. Pop a blood pressure pill.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

caphornbuckle

I think you do an excellent job on all the sites (except Wisconsin's site, sorry, but its true).  Anyways, this site was originally called andersoncompositesquadron.com and was moved to a .org site after I took command.  Most of the information was carried over from that site (including your little handy-work) and was authorized to use on that site.

I will also have it removed until "formal permission" is given again.

I still want to know how to get one of those avatars!  They are cool!

Genius you are!

shorning

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 27, 2006, 10:16:41 PM
I think you do an excellent job on all the sites (except Wisconsin's site, sorry, but its true). 

Do I understand correctly that you're saying your website is better than the WIWG website?  If so, that's the dang funniest thing I've heard today!  That's great!  You should try stand up.

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 27, 2006, 10:16:41 PM
I still want to know how to get one of those avatars!  They are cool!

I think you've already shot yourself in the foot on that one... 

Becks

Quote from: smj58501 on September 27, 2006, 03:21:30 PM
Is it too late to place bets on this cockfight?

Seriously boys, its just a website. It isn't worth getting this wound up over. Pop a blood pressure pill.

$20 on Civil Airman   :D

Glad to see my former wing (WI) has such a great website.

BBATW

caphornbuckle

It doesn't matter what you think.  You can take your little "piece of property" and keep it for yourself.

By the way...If anyone wants to use any of the ideas on our website, feel free to do so without argument.  We're non-profit and we must stick together on ideas.  Too bad others on here can't figure that out!

Oh...by the way...permission was given a little over a year ago for that little "piece of property".  If you wish to contact me personally, D'Nall, I will be happy to provide the information of the person you gave permission to and you can discuss it with them (I know you have my information so it isn't a problem.  Or is it?).  I wonder how much you're making on that little thing.  Oh, yeah, NOTHING!!!!

I guess this will be my last posting on here anyways since the "boss" wants to make a big stink out of nothing.  So I do want to say to most that I enjoyed the discussions and learned alot but I don't think this is helping CAP any by having an administrator want to argue over stupid stuff.  Especially someone who goes back on their word.  There's helping each other out!  So thanks for the fun but you can keep it!

mawr

Major Hornbuckle, I don't know whether you had permission or not but, theft of internet property is a big deal amongst those of us who create and maintain websites so I'm sure that is what upset Citizen Airman. 

Now unless you have some sort or communications offline with D'Nall then you've fingered the wrong person in your previous post as I do not see where he has posted in this thread.  I believe (been wrong before) that D'Nall lives in Texas and has nothing to do with the WIWG.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

caphornbuckle

My sincerest apologies to D'nall for that remark.  It was an error on my part and will not happen again.  I was thinking about something else and just hit the wrong button ("post" instead of "preview"...still a rookie!) without previewing it first.  However, I will say that if Citizen Airman wants proof of the permission, he can feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thank you for noting the mistake mawr, I do appreciate it.

I do understand the fact that members work hard on their websites and creations.  That's why permission is always obtained (mostly as a courtesy, but it is obtained).  There is nothing on our site that would prove otherwise.  The little thing has been removed and will not be on there again, regardless of permission.  Just for the sake of keeping peace.  We are more civilized than that, at least.

CAP Steve

Gentlemen, please.  I'm new to this discussion board.  However, I must say, this lack of professionalism is the reason CAP is often viewed as simply a place for grown men to play GI-Joe. 

We're all responsible for the image of Civil Air Patrol.  This impolite tit-for-tat is anything but the image that I would like to see portrayed in Civil Air Patrol.  Our websites are simply a tool to build the organization and deploy the mission. 

It is my personal opinion that we should all encourage each unit's success and betterment whenever possible. I would hate for our cadets to see our 'grown-ups' behaving this way.

Lancer

Quote from: CAP Steve on September 30, 2006, 02:56:09 PM
Gentlemen, please.  I'm new to this discussion board.  However, I must say, this lack of professionalism is the reason CAP is often viewed as simply a place for grown men to play GI-Joe. 

We're all responsible for the image of Civil Air Patrol.  This impolite tit-for-tat is anything but the image that I would like to see portrayed in Civil Air Patrol.  Our websites are simply a tool to build the organization and deploy the mission. 

It is my personal opinion that we should all encourage each unit's success and betterment whenever possible. I would hate for our cadets to see our 'grown-ups' behaving this way.

My take is that there is nothing wrong with a good argument, but I do agree that to the layman, a misunderstanding such as this can be mis-interpreted. The airing of 'dirty laundry' should be done out of the eye of the general public IMHO.

Viewing of the forum should be restricted to active CAP members and not every Tom, Dick and Sally. Even more importantly our cadets should not be privy to discussions such as this, but that could be hard to manage in a thread that started innocently enough.

Bickering about who's website is better than who's is just a tad juvenile. But I certainly agree with CA being upset about graphics he designed, I know I would be. Not everyone can be a graphic and web design genius.

But what do I know.  ;D