Main Menu

Cadet Competition

Started by CAP428, October 27, 2006, 06:32:57 PM

CAP428

Does anyone know where I could find the fastest time for this year's [or any other year's] national cadet competition mile run?

Pylon

Quote from: CAP428 on October 27, 2006, 06:32:57 PM
Does anyone know where I could find the fastest time for this year's [or any other year's] national cadet competition mile run?

From the National Cadet Competition page, linked to from the cap.gov/cadets jump page:

http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/programs/cadet_programs_for_all_youth/activities/national_cadet_competition_2004/ncc_2006_results/

The other years' results are also available there, though it takes some copying and pasting as NHQ's hyperlinks are a bit jammed up.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

CAP428

Thanks.  But, how are these calculated?  I'm guessing they add everyone from the team's time to get this time.  How many people run from each team?  Thanks agian.

TopFlight

Depends on whether it's the Drill Team or the Color Guard. Drill teams are made up of 12 cadets, plus the commander. (Please verify, I may be incorrect on that number). Color guards are made up of 5 members. For color guard teams, the tally would be the run times of all 5 team members; for example,  30 mins, 20 sec. The tallies for all of the teams are compared and ranked according to the fastest times. A team with the lowest time would be ranked #1, then each subsequent team would be ranked 2,3,4,5, etc...
If you are new to the NCC experience, you really need to review the newest ROE, which you can download from the NCC page.
Maureen Robinson
Southeast Region

CAP428

Newhall

Although you are looking at the mile times. Realize that the new team size moved from 16 to 13.  Therefore you could find 18 extra minutes of time, depending on the team.  The new NCC DT manual should be posted at the NCC website.

cap.gov/ncc
C/2d LT Newhall
Thunderbird Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-067

Newhall

don't listen to the last comment i realized it's already been posted.
C/2d LT Newhall
Thunderbird Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-067