Joint training exersize with the U.S Army

Started by red_sox_fan, August 02, 2012, 07:49:50 PM

red_sox_fan

Well me and the squad went down to St. Marrys, PA for training exersize. Let me tell you something we were out there for only 1 hour. When the army estimated that the training exersize would last for about 12 hours. we teamed up with the Army reserves. To look for a "down" pilot. The army was scouting a postion were there intel proposed that this was possibly the location of the pilot. They couldnt find the pilot. Well we sent one of our Cadets arimen basics up there as soon as he got up there he saw the pilot behind the tree! The army had no medics on seen or correct supplies (because they left in back in the HUV 2 miles back) so luckly are Cadet 2nd Lt. had supplies and things to transport him with. The army was embarrased because we were read our scores CAP scored much higher than are local U.S army reserve unit! Oh that was one awsome training exersize.  :)
Cadet Senior Airman

Critical AOA

Your post is so replete with spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors that I do not know where to begin.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Garibaldi

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 07:49:50 PM
Well me and the squad went down to St. Marrys, PA for training exersize. Let me tell you something we were out there for only 1 hour. When the army estimated that the training exersize would last for about 12 hours. we teamed up with the Army reserves. To look for a "down" pilot. The army was scouting a postion were there intel proposed that this was possibly the location of the pilot. They couldnt find the pilot. Well we sent one of our Cadets arimen basics up there as soon as he got up there he saw the pilot behind the tree! The army had no medics on seen or correct supplies (because they left in back in the HUV 2 miles back) so luckly are Cadet 2nd Lt. had supplies and things to transport him with. The army was embarrased because we were read our scores CAP scored much higher than are local U.S army reserve unit! Oh that was one awsome training exersize.  :)

Be cool...be cool. He's a Red Sox fan, after all. Do I dare go all grammar-school teacher on this post, or do I let it be?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

red_sox_fan

Looks like more people talked about my grammer than my story last time i make a long story. Hahahahahah
Cadet Senior Airman

jeders

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:30:43 PM
Looks like more people talked about my grammer than my story last time i make a long story. Hahahahahah

Dude, we can hardly tell what your story (or any of your others posts) is even about because of your terrible grammar. Please go to your school administrators and demand to be put back in the third grade so that you can be retaught proper grammar and sentence structure.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

red_sox_fan

You guys are all mad at me for bad spelling im sitting her laughing. Heres something you use when there bad spelling in a topic context clues.
Cadet Senior Airman

jeders

Actually, behind our screens, we're all laughing at you. Why? Because someday you'll write something official using your terrible grammar, and you will fail miserably. Maybe it will be a school report, maybe a job application, maybe a college essay. But unless you learn the importance of grammar, the end result will be the same, your failure. So it's fine if you want to laugh at us for trying to impart some hard learned wisdom. Because you're the one who's going to reap what you sew. And with that said, I'm going to take Pylon's advice, "Stop Engaging Miserable Posters."

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Garibaldi

You know, it's a sad state of affairs when someone can graduate high school and go to college and not know how to use correct grammar. I've even seen this type of thing on news websites. It's sickening to me that I was forced to learn how to articulate myself and these yabbos are getting away with murdering the English language.

Don't type like you talk. Don't type like you text. Don't type out words that SOUND right. Find a fargin' dictionary or thesaurus (not a legendary dinosaur), find the fargin' word and SPELL IT CORRECTLY.

Here are some helpful hints:

Your=possessive form (your uniform is pretty sharp)
You're=a contraction of YOU ARE (You're pretty sharp)

Would've/could've/should've=would have/could have/should have. "Could of" is so wrong I can't even explain how wrong it is.

Our=collective form (Our unit is number one!)
are=verb (You are highly mistaken)

I, when used as the subject of a sentence or referring to one's self, is ALWAYS capitalized.

The use of periods and commas is highly encouraged to eliminate the dreaded run-on sentence.

Man, it seems that I am hammering on this, but if one...just one...follows this advice, I'll have lived a good life

/sarcasm

red_sox_fan

Okay fine with me laugh what makes it even more funnier is im a really good speaker and reader but im a terrible speller
Cadet Senior Airman

Майор Хаткевич

Laugh all you want now. Don't come crying when no one hires you.

Garibaldi

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:47:11 PM
Okay fine with me laugh what makes it even more funnier is im a really good speaker and reader but im a terrible speller

Being a good speaker and reader has nothing to do with filling out reports and writing papers and articulating yourself in print. All the stuff you're going to have to do when IF you become a cadet officer. You will be expected...EXPECTED...to be able to write properly and use correct grammar and punctuation. Heck, to even get out of high school you'll have to be better than this.

/soapbox

Critical AOA

What is really funny is that spelling and grammar were subjects in school that I struggled with and had to work very hard to be proficient with.  I always did decent in math, history, geography and science.  Yet these days I cannot believe the poor writing I see on a daily basis.  It permeates people's emails and web postings and I have even seen some really horrible resumes and cover letters when I have been a hiring manager.  It boggles my middle aged mind. 

I have also noted that most, if not all, of the people I know who do write poorly also suffer from poor reading comprehension skills and also tend to speak less proficiently than more proficient writers.  Based upon these personal observations, I tend to doubt anyone who is so substandard in writing yet claims to be either a good reader or a good speaker and I especially doubt it when they claim to be good at both. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

lordmonar

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 07:49:50 PM
Well, me and the squad and I [squad, the name the army uses for element or short for Squadron?] went down to St. MarrysSt. Marys, PA for a training exersize. Let me tell you something, we were out there for only 1 hour., Wwhen the army estimated that the training exersize would last for about 12 hours. wWe teamed up with the Army reserves. Tto look for a "downed" pilot. The army was scouting a postion where theire intel proposed that this was possibly the location of the pilot.suspected the pilot to be located. They couldn't find the pilot. Well, we sent one of our Cadets ariAirmen bBasics Question: Why are you putting C/ABs out into the field? up there. aAs soon as he got up there, he saw the pilot behind the tree! The army had no medics on seenscene or correct supplies (because they left in back in the HUVHUMMV or HUMMER 2 miles back). sSo luckily areour Cadet 2nd Lt. had supplies and things to transport him with. The army was embarrased because we were read our scores CAP scored much higher than areour local U.S army reserve unit! Oh, or ! that was one awesome training exersize.  :)

Now I am a bad speller.  I know that the comma kicks my butt nine out of ten times.  I know that sometimes what I want to say does not always get posted because I am simply not taking my time.  If this is the pattern you wish to contiune with here on CAPTALK, I will tell you that your message is going to get lost in the noise floor of your grammar.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:39:57 PM
You guys are all mad at me for bad spelling im sitting her laughing. Heres something you use when there bad spelling in a topic context clues.

No, we're not mad at you. I, personally, am mad at your English teacher in school for not explaining how important proper grammar is. You've been sucked into "street" and "text-ese" and it has no place in the real world. It may look "cool" or "dope" or "sick" to you, but to the rest of us who have bothered to learn something, you look like a fool.

That's the trouble with you younger folks. You're trying so hard to find an identity outside the societal norms that you let the basics and fundamentals slide. It's called laziness of the brain. You laugh now, but in ten to fifteen years when you're angry at the world because you can't find a good job because you can't fill out a resume or job application without someone laughing you out of their office, what will you do then?

End of life lesson. You won't learn from it anyway. You'll sit there and laugh at the old farts until it's too late.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 02, 2012, 10:40:59 PM
No, we're not mad at you. I, personally, am mad at your English teacher in school for not explaining how important proper grammar is. You've been sucked into "street" and "text-ese" and it has no place in the real world. It may look "cool" or "dope" or "sick" to you, but to the rest of us who have bothered to learn something, you look like a fool.

Aight gramps. Wez got it!  >:D

AngelWings

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:39:57 PM
You're sitting on a girl laughing while we are "mad"? What does that last part say? The problem is I cannot understand what you're saying, nor can anyone else.

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 02, 2012, 11:37:42 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on August 02, 2012, 10:40:59 PM

Aight gramps. Wez got it!  >:D

You young whippersnapper! When I get to my walker you're in for it!

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jeders on August 02, 2012, 09:45:11 PMreap what you sew.

Just to be helpful, the correct word is sow.

Reap: Harvest the crop from (a piece of land).
Sow: Plant (seed) by scattering it on or in the earth.

Sew: join, fasten, or repair (something) by making stitches with a needle and thread or a sewing machine: "she sewed the seams".

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

Quote from: red_sox_fan on August 02, 2012, 09:47:11 PM

Don't tell us how good you are. Show us.

Performance talks, BS walks.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 03, 2012, 06:10:31 AM
Quote from: jeders on August 02, 2012, 09:45:11 PMreap what you sew.

Just to be helpful, the correct word is sow.

Reap: Harvest the crop from (a piece of land).
Sow: Plant (seed) by scattering it on or in the earth.

Sew: join, fasten, or repair (something) by making stitches with a needle and thread or a sewing machine: "she sewed the seams".

Sorry, thank you.