Main Menu

DAART

Started by arajca, February 27, 2018, 05:26:40 PM

Sriracha

Quote from: suboptimal on March 03, 2018, 03:39:04 AM
Sriracha -- DAART isn't a big secret, so there's no OPSEC concern about merely discussing it (at least a the level of my understanding).  The website is secure and DoD-controlled to insure that the potentially-sensitive imagery is safely protected.  Part of the DAART training includes Cyber Security Awareness and Intelligence Oversight training online to reinforce the need to protect access to the website and limit the video products to authorized uses.  And operators/uses have to jump through several authorization hoops to be granted access.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Larry Mangum

From the description given, it sounds like a rebranding of GIIEP with maybe some upgraded software. The limitations described within these posts, are the same limitation that caused GIIEP to not be successful. It is a rather cool  system, that has a lot of promise, and if they ever get the bugs worked out it could be a great asset for CAP. Until they do though, being successful with it will continue to be hit or miss, depending upon where it is deployed.

The limitation with GIIEP was that you needed to be within 1 to 2 miles of an interstate or metropolitan area and below 2,500 AGL (more like 1,500 AGL) to get it to work.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

sardak

Attached is the DAART presentation given at a pre-conference workshop at the 2017 summer boards. The link on the national website is now dead. Per the presentation, GIIEP was decommissioned in January, 2017 and replaced by DAART.

Mike

Larry Mangum

It looks like like from the deck anyway, that they have done a nice job of redesigning the interface and updating the backend. With Lt Col Bob Becker heading it up, I know the training will be good. Bob, is probably the most knowledgeable person we have in CAP on GIIEP and now DAART.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

LATORRECA

I hope this continues and gain strength..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

etodd

DAART training coming up in a few weeks I could attend. I was wondering how many DAART kits are out there?

ETA ... I now hear we do have some DAART units in my Wing. I'm not available for the May Exercise though. I may hold off and train at a later date. Save that spot for someone who might could attend the May Exercise.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."