Main Menu

Image as a Signature

Started by Maj Alfred, May 14, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

SarDragon

I'm betting that he's in one of those unenlightened units who say that everyone can wear every UCA the unit/wing has ever received.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

sab163

Since I was a cadet thats what we have had

ßτε

Quote from: sab163 on May 17, 2011, 03:13:29 AM
Since I was a cadet thats what we have had
What does this mean?

sab163

when i joind my squad as a cadet I was told to get the ribbon and triangles and when I went senior was told I could keep wearing it so I have

sab163

Quote from: SarDragon on May 17, 2011, 03:10:30 AM
I'm betting that he's in one of those unenlightened units who say that everyone can wear every UCA the unit/wing has ever received.
there are few that wear it and no current cadet wears it

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ßτε

Quote from: sab163 on May 17, 2011, 03:18:16 AM
when i joind my squad as a cadet I was told to get the ribbon and triangles and when I went senior was told I could keep wearing it so I have
You are allowed to wear only the awards earned while you are a member of the unit.
I would suggest removing the Unit Citation ribbon unless you have documentation indicating that the awards was for a period of time you were a member of the unit.

sab163

I will, and will find out what I can wear, if i can wear it at all.

a2capt

The *unit* earns the Citation. The members at the time wear them. If all of the members of a unit leave that unit, then there would be no more green ribbons at that unit.

But when you depart the unit, you continue to have that ribbon as it was presented to you at that time, and documentation is in your file authorizing it.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Wait, so I can wear my UC 'till the end of my CAP days? Suh-weet!  8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ßτε

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 17, 2011, 11:33:07 PM
Wait, so I can wear my UC 'till the end of my CAP days? Suh-weet!  8)
If you were a member of the unit during the dates listed in the citation, then yes. If not, then you are not authorized to wear it at all.