How Do I Move an Image to Use In The Signature...?

Started by Luis R. Ramos, November 12, 2012, 07:19:06 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Hi-

I used the McChord creator to build a rack, and can copy it to Word. Cannot or do not know how to make a graphic from here. What do I do now to make the graphic to use in my signature?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

1. open up an Imgur account.
2. import the image file into Paint and resize it to about 65-75% of its original size and save it.
3. upload image to Imgur.
4. click on image in Imgur and copy bbcode.
5. open and edit your profile here.
6. under signature, paste bbcode.
7. enjoy.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Extremepredjudice

You don't need an imgur account.

1. Send me a list of your ribbons
2. I will send you the appropriate code back
3. ??
4. Profit
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Luis R. Ramos

Garibaldi-

Followed instructions, thought I was choosing only the specific ribbons in Paint.

I guess I did not cut it appropriately.

Going to try again...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Luis R. Ramos

Ok-

More like it.

Still do not like the white area that shows around the green ribbon at the top when background is not white.

And the image is very big.

The white area imply that I have I think the IACE ribbon besides it.

But I believe someone here knows a way around it.

If I insert a code in the "Signature" area to change the background to white, the white area will blend in it.

So, what is the HTML code to change background?

What is the code to change image size/height?

Thanks for the help!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Extremepredjudice

http://puu.sh/1pv04

The code is [img]http://puu.sh/1pv04[/img]

To resize you would do [img=heightxwidth]url[/img]

So if you wanted to resize the image to 50x50, the code would be
[img width="50" height="50"]http://puu.sh/1pv04[/img]

http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php for mode BBcode tags
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

In order to get rid of the white background, you need something more sophisticated than Paint, like maybe PSP 4.12 (olde shareware, but free, and no trial period.

Open the image, and select the two white areas, and delete them. Then save the file as a .GIF, and when offered the choice, select either of those areas as the transparent background color.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on November 12, 2012, 08:37:26 PM
In order to get rid of the white background, you need something more sophisticated than Paint, like maybe PSP 4.12 (olde shareware, but free, and no trial period.

Open the image, and select the two white areas, and delete them. Then save the file as a .GIF, and when offered the choice, select either of those areas as the transparent background color.

Beat me to it - make sure to maintain the transparency on the save.  .png will do this as well.  If you resize the image to 160x160 or less, you won't have to use tags to resize it on the fly.

I have mine saved as my avatar, then I link back to it.  Even though the forum doesn't support avatars, it's a handy place to stash the image.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Giving up on resizing at the moment. After inserting the code, the letters [img appear before the image.

All-thank you.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Luis R. Ramos

Do not know how, but the graphic has been re-sized. If it was done by an anonymous poster, thank you very much!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

a2capt

The hosted graphic is actually still the same size. The image displayed is scaled dynamically. The code for that appears to be in your .sig .. so maybe you did do something, and you didn't see it due to browser cache voodoo, initially. But suffice to say it works. It's also obvious that it's being dynamically resized, as it's a bit blurry.

starshippe

where do i find the neat aircrew wings thingies? i will also be looking for navy enlisted dolphins. are they available?

edit... i just found out that my dropbox account works just fine to support the pic.

thanks,
bill