Wing Conference Attendance Verification

Started by Michael M, November 05, 2009, 02:24:06 AM

EMT-83

It may be more than you taking the guy's word on whether he attended a conference. I had Wing reject a Level 3 application because there was no documentation that he attended a regional conference.

I was at the conference with him, so I know he was there. As always, if it isn't written down, it didn't happen.

RiverAux

Personally, I have not been impressed with the level of training given at the conferences in our Wing (except for those sessions I've been in charge of  >:D ) and think that this particular PD requirement probably could be beefed up some, though I'm not sure how.   

Back to the topic, I believe we have had attendence rosters given back to the squadrons after the meeting and presumably put in the right peoples' files. 

Hawk200

I've always thought that a senior should be able to use encampment staff experience as a sub for a conference.

You're there longer, you have a lot more time to get an idea of what your fellow staff members are considering, work on ideas together during the encampment, and network.

As to proof, an MSA is pretty convincing. I received them for the encampments I attended.

Michael M

Thanks to all that provided input.  I will talk to my Commander next meeting about his policy, and I will communicate with my former Wing's administrator to see what I can get for proof.

I just want to be honest on my Level III entries, and to be able to back it up with a document.