Wing Conference Attendance?

Started by Lead/Lag Hinge, July 17, 2009, 06:59:56 AM

Lead/Lag Hinge

Two months ago I joined CAP following the conclusion on a 27-year active duty career (and a three year membership in CAP in the mid-1990's).

I would like to attend the Pennsylvania Wing Conference (16 - 18 Oct 09) and the Maryland Wing Conference (30, 31 Oct 09). Generally, what are the procedures for attending a Wing conference? Does one simply simply show up? Or do you need to apply, register in advance, or get permission from someone, etc.?

Thank you.
Jim
JAMES S. MacKAY, II, Lt Col, CAP
Jim@ATPCFII.com
ATP; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S, Sk-65, BE-30
Commercial; LTA (Gas, Airborne Heater), Glider, Gyroplane
CFI; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S, Glider, Gyroplane
CFII; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S

AlphaSigOU

For the most part, the wing web site should have a page advertising the conference. Attendance at two wing, region or national conferences fulfill part of the requirements for Level III.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Always Ready

Just sign up for it. Most wings advertise it a few months in advance.

MSG Mac

There is no requirement that you only attend Conferences hosted by your own wing or region. If you want to go either show up at the door or preregister (Preregistration is less expensive). Same for any other PD requiremts though you must preregister for them.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Lead/Lag Hinge

Thank you for the advice.

I found the two conferences I would like to attend on the respective Wing web sites. However, there is little additional information beyond the dates, place and a POC.

How, specifically, does one, just sign up" or preregister? Is there a CAP Form requesting attendance or simply send an email to the listed POC? Or do the Wing web sites eventually have a sign up function added as the dates get closer?
Jim
Jim@ATPCFII.com

Always Ready

Registering varies between wings and changes from year to year depending on who's running it. I'd say if the conference is fairly soon (like within a month), e-mail the POC and ask how to sign up. I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you out. If not, I'd wait and see if their website changes. But, that's just what I would do.

I'm sure members from those wings will chime in here shortly. They should have more info on their conferences and how to sign up than I do. :)

JC004

For the PAWG conference, you fill out the registration form and show up.  Or you register on-site.  Information should be available soon.  I will inquire.

CAPTShaw

I will be at PA WING CONF See you there
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

Lead/Lag Hinge

Excellent. I look forward to attending.

"For the PAWG conference, you fill out the registration form" was mentioned above. What I have asked twice above, and maybe am not articulating clear enough is, there is no registration form or no apparent registration procedure. Everyone keeps writing "just sign up", "just fill out the form", and there is NO FORM. David, perhaps as a member of the PAWG you have insight into the specific procedure to sign up.

Sincere thanks to all who answered. However, beyond the generic "just sign up" I am looking for actionable information. Thanks again.
Jim
Jim@ATPCFII.com

ascorbate

Quote from: ScubaPilot on July 17, 2009, 06:59:56 AM
I would like to attend the Pennsylvania Wing Conference (16 - 18 Oct 09) and the Maryland Wing Conference (30, 31 Oct 09). Generally, what are the procedures for attending a Wing conference? Does one simply simply show up? Or do you need to apply, register in advance, or get permission from someone, etc.?

Maryland Wing Conference and Military Ball
Date: October 30—November 1, 2009
Unit: Maryland Wing
POC: Capt Brenda Reed (breed@mdcap.org)

Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

JC004

Quote from: ScubaPilot on July 17, 2009, 03:32:47 PM
Excellent. I look forward to attending.

"For the PAWG conference, you fill out the registration form" was mentioned above. What I have asked twice above, and maybe am not articulating clear enough is, there is no registration form or no apparent registration procedure. Everyone keeps writing "just sign up", "just fill out the form", and there is NO FORM. David, perhaps as a member of the PAWG you have insight into the specific procedure to sign up.

Sincere thanks to all who answered. However, beyond the generic "just sign up" I am looking for actionable information. Thanks again.

That is why I said

QuoteInformation should be available soon.  I will inquire.

I have e-mailed the people responsible.  But in principle, that's it, just sign up - there's no application, approval, or anything like that (except for cadets).  I have not heard back on this yet.  Considering this is PAWG, you should get 72 hours notice or so.   :-X

CAPTShaw

72 hour notice, that is no fun and way to much notice, I respectfully request that be down graded to less than 24 hours
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

JC004