FO
0 (0%)
TFO
1 (1.2%)
SFO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

James Shaw

This is lengthy but I am curious. This one stems from the other discussion. May be interesting to see if there is a pattern.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Al Sayre

Not sure what you are looking for, since you can only pick one from the whole list.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pylon

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 24, 2007, 08:34:41 PM
Not sure what you are looking for, since you can only pick one from the whole list.

Fixed that multiple choices deal.  Not sure if that was the intent though.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

No I think multi was the intent, but I don't know if that works when you can't really track awards by grade/TIS. Not sure the simple pool option here really supports what he was wanting to do, but let's see how it goes.

James Shaw

I realize that it is somewhat simple but that is what I am looking for.

1) Put in current rank.
2) Closest Year Category. SM Only
3) Mark all levels of service (Squadron Commander, Group Commander) Mark Both.
4) Awards Received.
Jim Shaw

MIKE

Quote from: caphistorian on January 24, 2007, 08:49:02 PM
2) Closest Year Category.

Cadet time too, or just as a senior?  If you're counting cadet time, I'm coming up on 10 years.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

It looks as (at least for today 24 January 2007) that most blokes here are like me.

A Squadron Level Major...

I can't wait to see how it comes out.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Ford73Diesel

I found this poll confusing.

I only selected red service and encampment.

Why are the years SM only?

lordmonar

Quote from: markh on January 24, 2007, 10:43:24 PM

Actually....for any of the information to be valid...only SM should respond.  Cadets vs SM would be apples and oranges.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

wacapgh

However, not counting prior years as a cadet will slant the results.

Currently, the "average" is split fairly closely between the 10 and 15 year points.

If you allow time as a cadet to be counted, I'll bet that the average jumps up a notch to the 15 and 20 year points. I know that personally it would change my answer to 25+.

If you do a version 2, I'd like to suggest splitting out years as a Cadet and years as a Senior. And as a followup, highest cadet award (Mitchell, Earheart, Eaker, or Spaatz).

The "average member" would probably go from "Squadron Level Major with 10 years" to "Squadron Level Major with 20+ years and earned the Earheart or Eaker as a Cadet"

carnold1836

Crap, I'm th only butterbar here ???

And who is the slack that doesn't have their Yeager :o
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

BillB

And to add confusion, if you ask for highest cadet award, under which training program are you referring to? Under the cadet program prior to 1964, the Cadet COP plus two clasps was as high as you could go. (one clasp would have done the same AE and leadership as Earhart, and 2nd clasp would be Spaatz except for the PT portion.)You would be surprised at the number of former cadets that were under the old program still active in CAP.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Trung Si Ma

We didn't have Eaker's back when I was a cadet, but my Earhart has a silver clasp for my Phase IV letter.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

davedove

Quote from: carnold1836 on January 25, 2007, 01:03:12 AM
Crap, I'm th only butterbar here ???

And who is the slack that doesn't have their Yeager :o

You're not the only butterbar anymore. 8)

And I do have my Yeager.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

James Shaw

A brief summary of my normal procedure when I was filling out the 120's.

Awards Recommendation Format

(Member) Distinguished themselves during the period 01 January 2006 to 01 December 2006 while performing duties as (Current Assisgnment).

The inclusive date should include all of the time spent for a specific task or group of tasks. Should include time spent preparing for it and actually doing the work.

Member performed duties as (Assignment or Task) while assigned to the (Unit or Activity). Member performed  commendable, meritorious, exceptional, distinguished service in (trigger phrase) above assigned tasks by (specific description or ALL work involved) which resulted in (anything above their expected level of performance). List how this impacted the Assignment or Task. (Member) went above and beyond while (list additional tasks and results. Summary of tasks and small reiteration of all jobs performed.

Member has had a tremendous impact on the Civil Air Patrol (task or activity) and clearly went above expectations in the performance of their duties. They have brought great credit upon themselves and the CAP.

I can cut and paste one that my former GP Deputy filled out in 2002 if wanted! It doesnt follow my format but does show how some are done!
Jim Shaw

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: lordmonar on January 25, 2007, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: markh on January 24, 2007, 10:43:24 PM

Actually....for any of the information to be valid...only SM should respond.  Cadets vs SM would be apples and oranges.

Oppss.... I guess they should make a cadet one............ :-\

SJFedor

I call shenanigans!

There's no FO/TFO/SFO grades! ::)

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SAR-EMT1

Fedor, just consider yourself a brevet Capt. for the purpose of this poll. I was a cadet and then a FO before I was a Lt.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

MajorSER

Lt. Col. David Crockwell MLO
FC 07-09-08
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Я был там как солдатом

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

CAPOfficer

Quote from: caphistorian on January 25, 2007, 04:31:44 PM
A brief summary of my normal procedure when I was filling out the 120's.

Awards Recommendation Format

(Member) Distinguished themselves during the period 01 January 2006 to 01 December 2006 while performing duties as (Current Assisgnment).

The inclusive date should include all of the time spent for a specific task or group of tasks. Should include time spent preparing for it and actually doing the work.

Member performed duties as (Assignment or Task) while assigned to the (Unit or Activity). Member performed  commendable, meritorious, exceptional, distinguished service in (trigger phrase) above assigned tasks by (specific description or ALL work involved) which resulted in (anything above their expected level of performance). List how this impacted the Assignment or Task. (Member) went above and beyond while (list additional tasks and results. Summary of tasks and small reiteration of all jobs performed.

Member has had a tremendous impact on the Civil Air Patrol (task or activity) and clearly went above expectations in the performance of their duties. They have brought great credit upon themselves and the CAP.

I can cut and paste one that my former GP Deputy filled out in 2002 if wanted! It doesnt follow my format but does show how some are done!

I have attached a document that might be of some assistance in making recommendations for awards.  Please remember, it is only a guideline and not a mandatory format.  If it helps only one individual in recommending someone for an award, it was worth the posting.