Main Menu

Recruiting Report

Started by MSG Mac, May 21, 2015, 08:49:16 PM

MSG Mac

While reviewing and printing reports for tonight's meeting, I found out that the person who recruited me did so, five years before she was born. There will be a very short and loud discussion when I see her tonight. RE: Integrity and other core values.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

arajca

Before a loud and spirited discussion, check what date she put on the form. National may have fat fingered it. I had a female cadet who had properly filled out her application as "FEMALE" entered as "MALE" by National when they entered her info. It took a couple phone calls and a fax of her birth certificate to get it fixed.

SarDragon

I've seen similar screw-ups on dates, too. Check the local copy of the F12 before you go too ballistic.

The date sections of the older versions of the F12 and F15 were not user friendly, by asking for dates in an unconventional M-D-Y sequence.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

And remember......those recruiting reports do not come from the recruiter at all.

The data comes from the members membership form.   

So...not an integrity issue....just a competence issue.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jdh

The way Im reading it is he has been in CAP since 5 years before the "recruiter" was born and that they are taking credit for his recruitment.

SarDragon

Could be the "recruit" wrote down an incorrect CAPID. It happens.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSG Mac

Quote from: jdh on May 22, 2015, 01:34:06 AM
The way Im reading it is he has been in CAP since 5 years before the "recruiter" was born and that they are taking credit for his recruitment.
Not a recruit, have been a member continuously since 1983, with another 10 years before a break. The person who entered it is about 27 years old. No mistake at National, all local entry.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

OK, help me out here.

It is my understanding that the recruiter info comes from the blank on the F12 that the "recruit" fills out. Is there any other source?

In your case, did you fill in the right number on your form? If not, how did the number get into the system?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Since I rejoined in 2011 I had to retake Level I on that date. The first Level I I had was dated in 1997 or 1098 1998. So eServices dropped my earlier Level I.

My records now have me with a Level I of 2011, an SLS of 1999, and a CLC of 2004.

Be careful with info on the NHQ database is all I am sayin'.

Edited for mistakes in date!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

JeffDG

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 22, 2015, 12:11:15 PM
Since I rejoined in 2011 I had to retake Level I on that date. The first Level I I had was dated in 1997 or 1098. So eServices dropped my earlier Level I.

My records now have me with a Level I of 2011, an SLS of 1999, and a CLC of 2004.

Be careful with info on the NHQ database is all I am sayin'.
Wow, what was life in CAP like just 32 years after the Norman Conquest?

MHC5096

Likewise, we had members show up on reports with join dates of 01/01/1941. Took about 3 months to get NHQ to correct the data.

I'm also showing an RSC completion date of 1900.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Luis R. Ramos

It was not good for a while.

Some members got burned at the stake when they stated they could fly. Other people thought they were witches and wizards. Finally the idea caught on. Aircrew ES specialties included Motorman, who had to flap their arms very vigorously so the aircrates would fly. That was the word, aircrate, as it was so primitive it looked like a wooden crate that could fly!

Our communication problems were that the macaws and other parrots sometimes would get lost when sent over to the other side.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

MSG Mac

Quote from: SarDragon on May 22, 2015, 04:11:53 AM
OK, help me out here.

It is my understanding that the recruiter info comes from the blank on the F12 that the "recruit" fills out. Is there any other source?

In your case, did you fill in the right number on your form? If not, how did the number get into the system?
there is now an E Services application that allows for the manual input of recruiting information. This person seems to have decided to put their name in where the recruiting info wasn't shown. It's being looked into.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Quote from: MSG Mac on May 22, 2015, 06:40:26 PM
OK, help me out here.

there is now an E Services application that allows for the manual input of recruiting information. This person seems to have decided to put their name in where the recruiting info wasn't shown. It's being looked into.

Thanks. I haven't surfed around the app list in a while. Guess I ought to do that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on May 22, 2015, 10:17:59 PM
OK, help me out here.

Thanks. I haven't surfed around the app list in a while. Guess I ought to do that.

Don't worry, I've put myself down as your recruiter SarDragon!

PHall

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 27, 2015, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 22, 2015, 10:17:59 PM
OK, help me out here.

Don't worry, I've put myself down as your recruiter SarDragon!

Yeah, you're so good you recruited him decades before your were born while living on a different continent. >:D

TexasBEAST

Quote from: PHall on May 28, 2015, 01:12:56 AM
Yeah, you're so good you recruited him decades before your were born while living on a different continent. >:D
He telepathically or tesseractically induced SarDragon into joining, Interstellar-style.  8)
--TB

ranger0305

This is could be one of the many mistakes NHQ has made. I've seen cadets get their ID cards with their names misspelled or their CAP ID numbers printed wrong. It would be easy for this to be a mistake as well.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: ranger0305 on May 30, 2015, 07:27:27 PM
This is could be one of the many mistakes NHQ has made. I've seen cadets get their ID cards with their names misspelled or their CAP ID numbers printed wrong. It would be easy for this to be a mistake as well.

I have awards and certificates with different serial numbers from back when the SSAN was the serial number. I had some repeated digits that people kept scrambling, as in "XYYX" became XYXY or XXYY or YYXX or YXXY, depending on who read it, how they wrote it, how somebody else typed it and how National HQ key punched it.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.