Main Menu

Winter gloves

Started by Walkman, December 13, 2008, 05:02:15 AM

Walkman

I'm looking for a good pair of winter gloves that I can use for various winter activities (FTX, hiking, camping, hunting, etc). Any suggestions. I'd be willing to spend ~40-50 bucks.

notaNCO forever

I got a good pair from EMS, if they around where you live, they are waterproof with a liner cost $40.

Hoorah

A couple weeks ago i got a 20 $ pair of gloves from target they are are called insulate.

Pylon

You can get a variety of gloves from Chester Jefferies custom-made for around that price range.  You pick the style of glove, the color you want the leather dyed, you measure your hand, choose the lining you want them to put in it (removable liners are also an option) and in about 3 weeks your custom-fit and custom-made gloves are on your doorstep from England.

I got a pair of leather dress gloves from them for uniform and business wear, lined with rabbit fur.  They're warm, extremely comfortable and they fit like a glove!  ;)   I don't have experience with their work/driving/shooting oriented gloves, but I imagine the quality and fit would be the same.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JayT

I have a pair of gray Thinsulate insulated gloves I wear over a pair of nomex flight gloves.

Warm, dry, and I can still kinda use my fingers.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

jimmydeanno

I picked up some gloves just before Christmas at Olympia Sports.  They're made by BORNE (www.bornegloves.com).  They were originially $52.00, but I got them for $1.00 because I bought a hat.

They're gortex on the back of the hands and fingers as well as around the wrist.  They have a rubberized palm and fingers for grip.  They have an adjustment strap to tighten around the wrist and a windguard that will fasten tight around whatever so you don't get snow and wind through the wrist.  On top of that there is a pouch on the back of the hand to put a hand warmer.

For insulation they have 40grams of Thinsulate per glove.

The adjustment for the windguard features a drawstring and the fastener for it has a built in whistle. 

I've used them a few times already in 0F temperatures and they've performed extremely well.  Of course, if you are looking for the most warmth and aren't worried about being able to do detail oriented stick with mittens :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Mustang

Thinsulate 200-lined elkskin work gloves, $25 from Sportsman's Warehouse.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

BTCS1*

thinsulate hasent failed me yet, they worked great @ a 12 hour day at the NYC marathon!
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP