Main Menu

Maj. Bernard J. Wilson

Started by ironputts, July 05, 2023, 01:41:40 PM

ironputts

July 5, 2023

Maj. Bernard J. Wilson
Capt. Jay Weinsoff Cadet Squadron 3
California Wing

Bernard J. Wilson, age 70, of Brentwood, Tennessee, passed away on June 14, 2023, in Nashville, Tennessee.

Bernie was born in Preston, England to William Joseph Wilson and Jenny Josephine Bowman on Jan 19, 1953. He married Diane Wilson on Feb 12, 1977, at the San Fernando Mission in Granada Hills. He served in the United States Army. For over 30 years, Bernie worked for the Los Angeles law enforcement; 26 of those years were spent at the Los Angeles International Airport Police Department. He quickly rose through the ranks which culminated in his becoming the Chief of Police. He was active in Civil Air Patrol for over 50 years. He served as a Subdeacon of the Orthodox Church of America. His proudest achievement was when he was accorded a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

Bernie is preceded in death by his son, Martin; parents, William and Jenny Wilson; in-laws, Rosemary and Robert Peat; brothers-in-law, Jeff Cox, Randal and Richard Peat, and Melvin Sheldon.

Bernie is survived by his wife, Diane of 46 years; his 3 children, Victoria, Nicholas, and Stephen; siblings Robert Wilson (Cheryl) and Jennifer Cox; nieces, Sarah and Edith; nephews, William, Patrick, Robert, Richard, and Michael; cousins both in England and Ireland, as well as numerous God children.

California Wing NOTE:
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

NIN

Everybody here may know Maj Wilson as Mitchell1969.

I'm going to miss my friend Bernie. I've known him since the early days of the CAP-Talk mailing list in the mid-1990s. He was a very smart guy.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.