Main Menu

PAWG the Black eye of CAP

Started by CAPcadet902, April 17, 2011, 06:30:08 AM

CAPcadet902

IF you think you have the most screwed up wing you should transfer into PAWG. Lets talk about a lack of communication between members. No direction from wing officers to their troops. SAREX's that are last minute operations. The Rangers vs general members.
Welcome to PAWG may I have another

SarDragon

Well, aren't you Mr Cheerful!

Do you really think you are doing CAP, PAWG, and yourself any good by coming on here with your rant? It's a really adult thing you've done. Not!

Why don't you grow up a little bit, and come back in a few months with a better attitude.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSG Mac

These are matters you should address through your chain of command or even directly to the commander of whatever echelon you're referring to.

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: CAPcadet902 on April 17, 2011, 06:30:08 AM
IF you think you have the most screwed up wing you should transfer into PAWG. Lets talk about a lack of communication between members. No direction from wing officers to their troops. SAREX's that are last minute operations. The Rangers vs general members.

Wow.

No popcorn for me; could someone pass me a couple of Triscuits please?
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

jks19714

Good grief.  Someone really has their knickers in a twist (do they still wear knickers?  ;D).

If it is really that bad, the door swings both ways (somehing about doors and the striking of various parts of the anatomy comes to mind as well).

You're going to find that people and organizations are not perfect and don't always have your wishes in mind. 

john

PS  Are there any gruntled people here? I keep finding the other kind for some reason.  ::)
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

manfredvonrichthofen

If you think there is such a large problem in your wing try to figure out where the problem is and where it starts and ends. Chances are that it isn't your wing command, especially not as a whole. About 99% of the time those who make the time for CAP and try so hard to get to the top of the wing are dedicated enough that they do anything and everything that they can for their wing. Remember, they are at the top of the wing for a reason, this is a volunteer organization, it's not like they do it by sliding through the cracks, they have performed well, and they understand how a volunteer organization is motivated. There may be something that you can do to help fix the issue. You just have to be much more professional than you were here. Always remember, as a cadet you do not see everything at the top as you don't have the responsibility to understand it and there are senior members that take care of the things that come from wing, and the things that need to go to wing.

Biggest thing, always remain professional.

DC

Isn't this the same guy that was trumpeting PAWG and Hawk Mountain as the best of the best of the best in another thread? Talk about irony...

Mikecookis@yahoo.com

Maybe I dont get it, but it seems that the 'select few' are allowed to bash anoter CAP talker, but if anyone else did it than they would get booted or banned.  What gives?

If the guy is frustrated with te Wing then let him vent and  share. Many other have done the same.  I guess hes not one of the coold kids on the forum.

HGjunkie

Quote from: Mikecookis@yahoo.com on April 17, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
Maybe I dont get it, but it seems that the 'select few' are allowed to bash anoter CAP talker, but if anyone else did it than they would get booted or banned.  What gives?

Long term members get brownie points.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Major Lord

We have a Wing in Pennsylvania? Wait, are you sure about this? 

So if PA is the "black eye" of CAP, CAWG gets dibs on being the "ovarian cysts" of CAP. DC is definitely the hemorrhoids of CAP, and Florida is most certainly the fungal infection of CAP. Alabama is probably the urinary tract infection of CAP.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

jks19714

Quote from: Major Lord on April 17, 2011, 07:50:53 PM

So if PA is the "black eye" of CAP, CAWG gets dibs on being the "ovarian cysts" of CAP. DC is definitely the hemorrhoids of CAP, and Florida is most certainly the fungal infection of CAP. Alabama is probably the urinary tract infection of CAP.....

Major Lord

Too much information!   :-X
Diamond Flight 88

cap235629

Major Lord

and Arkansas is the heart and soul!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Major Lord

Quote from: cap235629 on April 17, 2011, 08:36:45 PM

Major Lord

and Arkansas is the heart and soul!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, no! That's not how the game is played and you can't claim an uninjured or invisible part of the body!  Since you claimed the heart first, I will give Arkansas constructive credit for being the "Regurgitating Mitral Valve" of CAP....you can't have the whole heart, Virginia is for Lovers, and they took dibs on the "arrhythmic atrial node and left ventricle" of CAP. Its already in their recruiting literature.

Major Lord
CAP/USAF  Anatomy and Physiology Nomenclature Directorate

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lordmonar

So......that make Nevada the Spastic Colon!  >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jks19714

Our legislators seem to find plenty of time for silly bills -- perhaps a state disease is the next "big thing".

At this point, I could probably name a venereal disease as belonging to the District of Columbia, but I will attempt to resist the urge...  ::)

john
Diamond Flight 88

Eclipse

Quote from: Mikecookis@yahoo.com on April 17, 2011, 05:56:33 PM

If the guy is frustrated with te Wing then let him vent and  share. Many other have done the same.  I guess hes not one of the coold kids on the forum.

Anonymously bashing a anything on this board gets the respect it deserves.  Want to talk specifics, cite evidence, and bring more than angst and
perhaps even youthful spirit to the table?  Don't bother.

There is no wing without "issues", and some are more visible because of their hosting high-profile activities, but just saying "poo-poo" on x-wing
speaks as much for the poster as any problems they may be having.

That's what Facebook is for - make a group that says you don't like something, and then the adults can ignore it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on April 18, 2011, 02:33:03 PM
That's what Facebook is for - make a group that says you don't like something, and then the adults can ignore it.

Maybe the adults that are ignoring it should be taking a step back and asking themselves "Even though he said it badly, does he have a point? WHY does he and others hate X?" It's really too bad that you're writing people off that quickly - I'm sure there are many cadets that have something valuable to say but don't know how to say it and get ignored as a result.

Eclipse

Time to read what I said without filter...

"That Others May Zoom"

commando1

What exactly seems to be your issue? Have you ever been in another wing? You mention wing officers not communicating to the "troops." Who exactly are you referring to as troops? Cadets? Squadron commanders? You also mention "the Rangers." I am assuming you mean the Hawk Mountain graduates. It seems to me you are simply venting frustration. Have you talked directly to the problem people? If you are having trouble with "the Rangers" talk to your chain of command. If it is a specific cadet who is a "Ranger" than let your commander know exactly what the issue is. Your SAREX's may not be last minute. Have you ever considered how much planning actually goes into a complete SAREX? It is not one person calling everybody with a date and time. There are months of planning involved and you insult your SAREX planners by saying this in a public forum.  :-\
Non Timebo Mala