TIGERSTRIKE DF Unit

Started by Flying Pig, February 24, 2009, 08:52:55 PM

Major Lord

Jim,

The mysterious ( and probably mythical) MrRogers was the one bringing up the Risque teams, we don't hold you responsible...this is a family page after all! Once again, I will happily offer the services of Travis for a live demo ( You don't have to drive out, we understand you are a long way away) I will arrange to have a full gamut of interested parties there if you can produce a unit and a field rep.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SE_Tigerstrike

Well, it wouldn't be me arranging that, my area is just the SouthEast, but you, and anyone else, are fully welcome to call the company and set up any demos you need.  You can call the number in my signature and just not use my extention.
Jim Henson
SouthEastern Rep for FSEMS
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
http://firestormts.blogspot.com/   <--  TigerStrike Blog
1-888-212-6260  x709

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

calguy

Quote:

Someone mentioned that a Tom Charpenter was at Bakersfield but wasn't approached by the TigerStrike guys...  So?  Did he wear a tshirt that said "Hi, I am the God of DF, all new tech must be evaluated by me!"  Did he go to the TigerStrike guys, who were there for ANYONE INTERESTED to come and see the TigerStrike and express an interest?  Don't fault Firestorm because they didn't know an anonymous person in the crowd needed to be hunted down and forced to evaluate the TigerStrike, they were there to let EVERYONE see it.

I think Tom was well known at the eval and Ron Butts knew he was there. He was the OSC!  I guess if Firestorm really wanted an opinion from the caliber of someone like Tom, they would have asked him to demo the unit.  His favorable review would have been priceless since he is a leader in DF work and knowledge.  The absence of his review or Kielholtz's may say something about the company's ability to accept a honest review from expert end users.  I think if they thought there was a better mousetrap, they would have sent a check to Firestorm by now.  Have they?

CAPSGT

Folks, this thread is going downhill fast again.  Apparrantly,nobody can talk rationally about this without letting personal views and preferences get in the way.  Check the attitudes or this will be locked.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Major Lord

Best person to contact for a demo?

Major Lord

SE_Tigerstrike

Quote from: calguy on March 26, 2009, 05:42:53 PM
Quote:
I think Tom was well known at the eval and Ron Butts knew he was there. He was the OSC!  I guess if Firestorm really wanted an opinion from the caliber of someone like Tom, they would have asked him to demo the unit.  His favorable review would have been priceless since he is a leader in DF work and knowledge.  The absence of his review or Kielholtz's may say something about the company's ability to accept a honest review from expert end users.  I think if they thought there was a better mousetrap, they would have sent a check to Firestorm by now.  Have they?

I was just informed that Ron Butts has already been in contact with Bob Kielholtz, and Bob had some great input and a hand in designing the test plan activities for the TigerStrike.  So, what does that say about your attempt to imply Firestorm is hiding from your experts?  Nothing is hidden, we're trying to get everything done right, and produce a device unlike anything ever seen in the field before.  

Late for a meeting, back later.

Major Lord, call and talk to Bob Miller to arrange a demo.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

ES forever!

Thanks Mike for the course correction again.

First, when we designed the Tigerstrike system, and yes it is a system, it was intended to fill the void of the difference of training in the various squadron. groups and wings with a more uniform method of aquiring and communication the results of that signal aquistion with mission base or the GTL.

Not everyone is as skilled a land navigator as Bob Miller, Bob K and Tom C. they clearly are some of the best in the nation, so the challenge is how do we emulate these guys  Technology is one way we can lift up the accuracy of the acquired DF signal and the ability to communicate that actual results. Why argue that more is better, more accuracy, more GPS data, more accurate compass reading, and frankly more safety fpr teh ground teams. Who would be critical of knowing instantly where the ground teams where with the pull of the trigger and the cell rely to mission base?

To truly understand what we are dealing with here you have to look beyond the df aspect on its own and see the bigger benefit to the mission as a whole. This is a inegrated system, not simplely one more df unit. We know from the independant lab that we are about -127 dbm in sensitivity, while most others are in the -120 in the DF mode at best.... lper 1 was the closest.

It is our intent to publish the comparative featurs chart we use internally and the final results of the test plan once we have completed the final tests, and publish I mean in an IEEE paper folks. So our results with me evaluated by the engineering community not just the capers here.

If we find a problem with the Tigerstrike we will correct it, untill it not only right but clearly superior. Is any other vendor doing that today? Is the Altoid DF, Lper, Profind, Vectra, Tracker or any other spending 2009 dollars in development? My sense is not, this is not a huge market for any company, we are doing this out of our passion for what we do in ES and DF

I welcome real input, if you have suggetions and real ideas on what to include or considerations lets talk about that, this is an exciting time for the product, our product development team will talk turkey with anyone with a idea or a concept of something we have overlooked.

lets play nice and talk tech....

I am the CTO, and I approve this message... lol

Major Lord

I spoke to Bob Keilholtz a few minutes ago, and Bob had no input into the Tigerstrike or test planning, and has not has his hands on one.  He would like to participate in a test of the unit should Firestorm be able to make one available.  We can find a place in Southern or Northern California, and with a little lead time can bring in the pro's to evaluate the unit.

Major Lord

ES forever!

Well I was standing beside Ron Butts when he was having the conversatiosn with Bob K. and Bob Suggested the addition of the mutliple elts in the testplan, which we included. I never said Bob K had any input in to the design, the testplan yes. But I not going to be drawn into your continued attempts to discredit the corporation or myself.

So I will post the test plan here shortly and lets get back the real reason we are here of offering good will of our experieinces to better the product. From that you can see we are working professionally to both evaluate and report the technologies capability.

Bob Miller is awaiting your call for your demo, please call him.

RogueLeader

SE-Tigerstrike:
While I'm not sure about the product, but I'm willing to give it a chance.  I'll try to get a proposal in the works, and if i can, can you get a Togerstrike for us to use?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SE_Tigerstrike

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 26, 2009, 09:55:49 PM
SE-Tigerstrike:
While I'm not sure about the product, but I'm willing to give it a chance.  I'll try to get a proposal in the works, and if i can, can you get a Togerstrike for us to use?

You want a demo, or to buy one outright?  You're in North Carolina, right?

Either way, feel free to give me a call anytime tomorrow and I can put either one into the works for you.  Number is in the sig file.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

RogueLeader

Demo.

I'm npt an ES Officer, or anybody that can commit funds, but I think that if more pople see that it works, and can get the funds, it might be a good investment.  Yes, I am in NC.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAPSGT

I don't think it is overly important as to who did what.  Sure there is some credibility that certain people bring to the table, but I think the more important thing is simply understanding the product itself.  Let's stick to the unit itself, how it works, what changes are being made, how to test it, and where members can try a demo of it.  The folks who make equipment for ES should not have to defend themselves or their methods of arriving at the design, but rather defend their product.

MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

SE_Tigerstrike

Ok, that's my region.  ;)  Give me a call tomorrow and we can discuss it.  It'd be best if we can get everyone in the area that's interested to show up, kill as many birds with one stone as possible.

And thanks, CAPSGT.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

ES forever!

The Tigerstrike will be at the Riverside Airport Air show this week end for anyone intereted in looking at there. CAWG Chief Ground Team Leader, Lt Col Miller will have one to be seen.

Al Sayre

Unfortunately, we (MS Wing) have had to postpone our exercise until next weekend due to the series of fronts moving through the south.  We still plan to test a unit if possible and I will post our results.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

wingnut55

The Firestorm President is Bob Miller

wingnut55

TigerstrikeTM represents a quantum leap forward in search and rescue ground team mission efficiency at a critical time in history with the loss of the LEOSAR satellite system," says Firestorm President Bob Miller.

wingnut55

So what kind of conflict of interest is it to have the California Wing CAP"Chief Ground Team"  person to be at a CAP function selling something his company makes?? In Uniform

This is why CAP has consistently been in trouble with the USAF over the years.

And to have CAWG Senior Staff ' HAWK" these devices, to CAWG CAP???

SHAME, SHAME

We need devices but not like this.

How many Devices are being sold around the world?? 8 or 9

lets field test units for CAP