First ELT hunt!

Started by stillamarine, June 10, 2007, 06:34:11 AM

RogueLeader

Quote from: CaptLord on June 13, 2007, 03:32:28 AM

That being said, Comm people tend to be a little anachronistic sometimes  ( It has been said that most of them have unwrapped Star Wars action figures well into adulthood, but this is uncorroborated)

Capt. Lord

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D It's not JUST Comm people. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

stillamarine

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 13, 2007, 02:36:20 AM
Some ComKings won't/don't like giving the A-cut w/o the B.  Not saying where he is, cause I don't know.

Actually got an email from the CC today. He's going to arrange a Acut class instead of a BCUT
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RogueLeader

Like I said, some, not all.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Psicorp

B-Cut is not a prerequisite for A-Cut. If they turn him down for an A-Cut after he takes the class, they are obviously punishing him for his childhood indiscretions with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I would love to help him write his hostile workplace environment complaint!

We generally like people to get the B-Cut first, since most new members have zero radio experience.   Get your B-Cut, get the MRO qualification, then get your A-Cut is our general mantra.

That being said, Comm people tend to be a little anachronistic sometimes  ( It has been said that most of them have unwrapped Star Wars action figures well into adulthood, but this is uncorroborated)

Capt. Lord

Hey! I resemble that! 
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Psicorp

Mr. Gardiner,

Great job on the ELT search!  I'm rather jealous of the seat time you're racking up especially since that area is as beautiful from the air as it is.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Major Lord

Quote from: Psicorp on June 13, 2007, 12:34:56 PM
B-Cut is not a prerequisite for A-Cut. If they turn him down for an A-Cut after he takes the class, they are obviously punishing him for his childhood indiscretions with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I would love to help him write his hostile workplace environment complaint!

We generally like people to get the B-Cut first, since most new members have zero radio experience.   Get your B-Cut, get the MRO qualification, then get your A-Cut is our general mantra.

Capt. Lord

Hey! I resemble that! 

Thats okay, Lt's are not included as adults officially until they have turn in their light sabers....

Let me get this straight now, you are Safety and Comms? Hmmmmm

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RogueLeader

Quote from: CaptLord on June 13, 2007, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: Psicorp on June 13, 2007, 12:34:56 PM

Capt. Lord

Hey! I resemble that! 

Thats okay, Lt's are not included as adults officially until they have turn in their light sabers....

Capt. Lord
ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  <in demonic voice "Mine, Mine, my precious" end demonic device>
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Psicorp

Quote from: CaptLord on June 13, 2007, 03:01:15 PM

Capt. Lord
Hey! I resemble that! 

Capt. Lord

That's right, I not only teach how to use a CAP radio, but I'll also stop you from sticking the antenna in the electrical outlet.    Some of us younger guys have to do double duty since some of the dinosaurs (speaking of anachronisms) aren't as involved as they used to be.   ;)
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257