Time Limit on Signoffs

Started by bstntn, February 09, 2015, 03:13:35 PM

bstntn

Is there a time limit for upper echelons to approve an ES qualification after submission? I completed CUL on 10 Jan and it was submitted on 15 Jan after the mission paperwork submitted. It approved by squadron and group, but so far not wing.

Bob Stanton
Capt     CAP
Capt Robert Stanton CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Communications Officer
Group 3 Powered Orientation Flight Coordinator

Eclipse

No.

Ops quals is not sending notifications of pending approvals, at least not consistently, so it's possible if the wing ESO is not checking regularly (eg. daily), he's unaware anything is waiting.

Have your unit ESO ping up the chain.

"That Others May Zoom"

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: Eclipse on February 09, 2015, 03:38:08 PM
Ops quals is not sending notifications of pending approvals, at least not consistently, so it's possible if the wing ESO is not checking regularly (eg. daily), he's unaware anything is waiting.
Are you sure about this, I receive all of the email approvals, every time.

Eclipse

Quote from: Mission Pilot on February 09, 2015, 04:52:21 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 09, 2015, 03:38:08 PM
Are you sure about this, I receive all of the email approvals, every time.

As I say, it's an issue with consistency. Sometimes you see them, others nothing comes through and when you log into eServices there are a bunch of
approvals waiting.  Nothing's in SPAM, either.  The notifications either aren't getting generated, or are dying somewhere.

When I was wing ESO I would check the approval queues at least once a day, now as a Group CD and OPS Officer I'm in there a couple times a week,
can't remember the last time I saw an approval message.

Last week we were playing ping-pong with a simple approval - everyone needed from unit to wing was assigned properly and involved
in real-time.  The thing just kept bouncing back and forth between queues, no matter who approved it, and there wasn't a single email
sent to anyone that I'm aware of.

"That Others May Zoom"

bstntn

Well, I am the ESO, and I have asked the Group ESO who said he would look into it. I had heard something about a 30 day limit, but was not aware what that meant.
Capt Robert Stanton CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Communications Officer
Group 3 Powered Orientation Flight Coordinator

Eclipse

Any limits would be local policy. There's nothing in the system or regs to force action.

"That Others May Zoom"