SQTR Evaluator Clarification

Started by Rocketguy, October 15, 2012, 01:02:33 AM

Rocketguy

My squadron is planning an FTX next month with the goal of training for GTM3. My question is who can do the actual sign-off? According to the Qualified Supervisor Chart a GTM1 (me) can supervise someone who is equal or lower qualification. Does this mean that I as a GTM1 can sign off GTM3s? Or just supervise? I have been current for more than a year and have taken the SET.
Thanks.

coudano

When we do ours, we require people who are fully qualed and SET to do the instruction,
however the actual 'sign offs' in the system are usually done by one person (me)
--also we use the multi-entry and put everyone in at once

Rocketguy

Everyone that will be teaching is qualified GTM1 or higher. We are only teaching to GTM3. What is the requirement for whoever is signing off?

Walkman

Technically, to sign-off one must be:

• Fully qualified in that specialty
  • Hold that qual for at least one year
  • Be SET

Double check with your CC and maybe up the chain to your Wing ESO, if they aren't sure. Some wings have restricted some sign-off authority to only certain people (from what I've heard).

Eclipse

Quote from: Rocketguy on October 15, 2012, 01:14:22 AM
Everyone that will be teaching is qualified GTM1 or higher. We are only teaching to GTM3. What is the requirement for whoever is signing off?

Check with your Wing ESO - many wings require that unit / group CC's approve SETs, and maintain a list.

"That Others May Zoom"

bflynn

I believe the root question is whether someone qualified as GTM1 (with SET) can sign off for GTM3 and why.

The answer is yes.  GTM1 + SET may sign SQTR for GTM3.

The why is that GTM1 has a prerequisite of GTM2, GTM2 has a prerequisite fo GTM3.  Therefore, anyone who is active in GTM1 must be active GTM3.

jeders

Quote from: bflynn on October 15, 2012, 01:09:10 PM
I believe the root question is whether someone qualified as GTM1 (with SET) can sign off for GTM3 and why.

The answer is yes.  GTM1 + SET may sign SQTR for GTM3.

The why is that GTM1 has a prerequisite of GTM2, GTM2 has a prerequisite fo GTM3.  Therefore, anyone who is active in GTM1 must be active GTM3.

Actually I think the question is more procedural than fundamental.

In which case, check with your unit ESO or CC and find out if your wing or region has a supplement to 60-3. As has been mentioned, some wings restrict who can sign off SQTRs. For instance, in TXWG you have to have the national prerequisites for being a SET, and then you have to apply to be a SET and be approved at the unit, group, and wing level. Also, if you or those you train and sign off regularly under-perform or have stupid safety infractions, you're removed from the wing list.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse