Need air crew info

Started by WoodlandSARman, July 26, 2007, 06:40:49 PM

WoodlandSARman

I just got back into CAP as a senior and was out for 5 years for school. I was a cadet for like 6 years before that.

Can anyone post up or post links to all the stuff needed for the different air crew quals?

I am in a cadet squadron right now and my squadron commander is the on;y person with any kind of wings but she is very busy latley so I try and only go to her as a last resort.

I know for counter drug its a two year wait, thats pretty much all I know when it comes to air crew. We have two local flying senior squadrons that work with us quite a bit from what I hear. One has a 172 the other has a glass 182.

I have thought about going back to NESA next year on air crew for one of the weeks if I can.

One day I would love to be a MP (Im a class away from being an A&P) but at the very least would like observer. I was told you can rent CAp aircraft as a member to get flight time pretty cheap. Only problem is that at least for the 182 its pretty much allways flying.
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
IN Wing Central Group ES Officer GLR-IN-224
Former GLR-IN-123
Former SWR-OK-002 - Black Knight Command Staff.
Former GLR-IN-069
NGSAR Basic 2000 - Honor Team
NESA GSAR Advanced/Team Leader - 2001 NESA GSAR Basic -  2007

Pylon

Reading the following publications will get you on your feet for what you need to know:

CAPR 35-6, Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and Ground Team Badges 

CAPR 60-1, CAP Flight Management

CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions

All of these are available conveniently at: http://cap.gov/pubs

Also check for Wing and Region Supplements (see your Wing website) and talk to existing aircrew in your area.  Good luck!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

WoodlandSARman

Thanks pylon and thanks for the PM Sayre.

Sayre, you had some GOOD people at NESA second week ground school this year from your wing. HO-YA to you and them
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
IN Wing Central Group ES Officer GLR-IN-224
Former GLR-IN-123
Former SWR-OK-002 - Black Knight Command Staff.
Former GLR-IN-069
NGSAR Basic 2000 - Honor Team
NESA GSAR Advanced/Team Leader - 2001 NESA GSAR Basic -  2007