Main Menu

Basic Safety Course

Started by rwcap, April 04, 2013, 04:20:15 AM

rwcap

Hello all,

Does anyone know what happened to the online Basic Level Safety Course test?  I finally tracked down the course PowerPoint.  The PPT has a link to TEST.CAP.AF.MIL, and made my way to TESTS.CAPNHQ.GOV.  But, there are no safety tests on that site.  The Safety Education section eServices does not seem to have the test either.

This test is listed as a requirement for the Technician rating.  Is it still a thing?  Has it been replaced by the other courses in the eServices Safety Education section?

a2capt

It moved to within the Safety section of eServices.

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.SafetyMMS.Web/Modules/OnlineSafetyEducation.aspx .. after you login, you'll get taken directly there with that link.

Luis R. Ramos

I do not know why the Safety Module is not working for you.

I tried just now it started the test properly, listing it under Learning Module System. Just to make sure, I went the other way, to LMS and the Safety module took me back to the Safety Module...

So yes, it is still available... Try again by going to the Safety Education module...

Sorry I was a little late, I just do not know how to erase messages once posted...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

a2capt

The original question was that they are looking where the tests used to be. Apparently .. they never looked in eServices.

Either Leaning Module System or Safety will get you there, now, from the left (or right side, depending on your additional duty assignments).

Last week there was only one test left on the NTC system, it wasn't safety. That dinosaur is now dead. The specialty tracks have all been moved into eServices LMS and their associated sections.

rwcap

Argh, apparently, this was just a naming thing.  I checked eServices before, but didn't see it because eServices calls it the Technician Lesson and Exam: Safety.  I clicked on that this morning and, voila, Basic Safety Course.  I just assumed they were different because everything else in the world of CAP refers to the Basic Safety Course.  Oh well.  Thanks for the pointers.