Main Menu

METL & ART

Started by Horn229, May 21, 2005, 01:58:17 PM

Horn229

I seem to recall there being a METL and ART list for a few specialties being on the National ES page a few years ago. I just went looking for it, and cannot find it. There is a member at a SAREX I'm on right now asking about what tasks he'll need to re qualify in, and there is nothing to help him.

I did a search on the CAP site and the knowledgebase and only found one link, which says I do not have permission to view. So did someone drop the ball and delete the lists? Or are they even what I need to be looking for?
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

arajca

IIRC, National dropped the METL and ART because they realized they had no system to track them. And, with the changes that were/are coming in the ES program and software, they didn't have the time or money to develop a tracking program.

As I understand it, if you serve in a position (or on of the qualifying positions) during the three year period, you keep your certification. Qualitfying positions are listed in a matrix at the back of hte ES reg (CAPR 60-3?). For example, if I am a MRO and CUL, I only need to serve as a CUL to maintain my MRO.