Main Menu

Stolen Items

Started by colkemp, July 15, 2011, 04:19:06 PM

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on July 16, 2011, 07:15:04 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 16, 2011, 05:14:11 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 15, 2011, 04:49:06 PM

Right now, whomever had that radio issued to them is on the hook for the full value of the device, which for EFJ HT's is generally listed in the $17-1800 range.  That member may literally have to write a check to CAP, but that won't be determined until after the ROS.
Actually all radio equipment is NOT issued to individuals.  Much of the equipment is actually issued to a squadron and there's a custodian (normally the comm officer) who oversees the equipment (generally likely others that may have access to the equipment -- since the comm officer may not always be available when the equipment is needed).

In a lot of wings anything not issued to an individual would be a finding on an SUI,

Based upon what?  The equipment is assigned to the unit as per regulations.  It would be a finding if when asked where a specific radio was and the answer was "so and so" has it and the radio was not issued to that person in ORMS.

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

BillB

I('ve found with all the CAP material online and available for download, cadets have great use of laptops. Cadet officers have regulations and manuals at their fingertips. The CAC cvan see what prior CAC's have attempted or accomplished.
I get 15 susplus laptops transferred from the University of Florida for distribution to the CAC Group and Wing CAC Chairs. They were shipped to the Wing DCP and unheard of since then. They never were distributed to the CAC.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

Quote from: cap235629 on July 16, 2011, 09:37:36 PMBased upon what?  The equipment is assigned to the unit as per regulations.  It would be a finding if when asked where a specific radio was and the answer was "so and so" has it and the radio was not issued to that person in ORMS.

Correction, it's the "location" that has to be entered in the inventory, not a person, specifically, though I do recall
several nags to have everything issued to "someone".  May have been a misguided attempt to show everything being used.

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on July 16, 2011, 11:38:54 PM
Quote from: cap235629 on July 16, 2011, 09:37:36 PMBased upon what?  The equipment is assigned to the unit as per regulations.  It would be a finding if when asked where a specific radio was and the answer was "so and so" has it and the radio was not issued to that person in ORMS.

Correction, it's the "location" that has to be entered in the inventory, not a person, specifically, though I do recall
several nags to have everything issued to "someone".  May have been a misguided attempt to show everything being used.

You are correct, ORMS has to have a location for each asset.  You cannot accept any equipment without typing in the location as ORMS kicks it out with an error message.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

JC004

Quote from: BillB on July 16, 2011, 09:43:50 PM
I get 15 susplus laptops transferred from the University of Florida for distribution to the CAC Group and Wing CAC Chairs. They were shipped to the Wing DCP and unheard of since then. They never were distributed to the CAC.

wth?!

speak to legal about allocation of assets with specific donor intentions.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: JC004 on July 17, 2011, 02:31:48 AM
Quote from: BillB on July 16, 2011, 09:43:50 PM

wth?!
I think that's why it's important to get the contributor to give you a letter specifically stating what they want the donated assets utilized for.  This would prevent this from occurring.

However, I've got to wonder IF you asked them about it and what their answer was ???

RM   

Short Field

You need to initiate a ROS to find out what happened to the 15 laptops.   8)   The computers should be on the unit or wing's inventory list.  If they are not, then they are missing.  Missing equipment is either lost or stolen.   For all you know, they made great Christmas gifts for a bunch of grandchildren.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640