Aerospace Education of our members during our operational "pause"

Started by NIN, March 17, 2020, 03:30:33 PM

NIN

https://www.reddit.com/r/civilairpatrol/comments/fj7xay/aerospace_lessons_online/

Lt Bob Roberts (like the movie!) from Greenville, SC has created the first of what promises to be several online AE lessons for folks to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6IPTum_V4M

He's working on his production value and such, but this is a great start!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

Awesome! Now can this be distributed via official channels?

NIN

Why do you need it distributed via official channels? Just use it.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

Quote from: NIN on March 17, 2020, 05:46:28 PMWhy do you need it distributed via official channels? Just use it.

We are going to use it. Some folks do not have access to this board. (My former Wing COS told me that this board is "evil" and refused to even acknowledge that it exists.)

Why NOT distribute this through channels?

NIN

Quote from: OldGuy on March 17, 2020, 05:47:54 PMWhy NOT distribute this through channels?

My AE people were given the link earlier today. They're working it thru their channels to the squadron AEOs for immediate use. There's nothing stopping you.

Now, should NHQ? Maybe. I'm not in the AE shop at NHQ and I will not speak for Dr. Montgomery and his team. Perhaps they're vetting this gentleman's content or putting it in with other "Best Practices" to be distributed as part of an overall strategy.  I don't know, and probably won't know until that happens.

But for now, hey, its there. Make use of it now, or wait until you get it via channels. Whatever.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

kcebnaes

Quote from: OldGuy on March 17, 2020, 05:47:54 PMWhy NOT distribute this through channels?

I'm fairly certain that the Lt who is spearheading this is trying to do just that. But he's a local AEO, and not a NHQ level person..

If you want to use it, GREAT.
If not, might want to start coming up with some stuff to do locally. I know that'sd what we're trying to get done in my Group.

This is a massive endeavor, and I don't know about you, but my team members and I are ALL full time, and trying to navigate that, plus coordinating who is working from home, plus figuring out how to transform an in person activity to an online only thing. This is going to take a hot sec.

Have a little patience, and share with us what you come up with!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

baronet68

Discussion about alien invasions, missions to Mars, vomiting in space, and mixing chemicals at home. 

This is awesome! (seriously)

I'll be pointing people to this video and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager