Hoping to Go to The Blue Beret Next Year....

Started by ranger0305, April 05, 2015, 07:02:15 PM

ranger0305

Hi guys I joined CAP about 6 months ago and would like to go to NBB next year. I am wondering if you guys have any tips for me, (things not on the list to bring, stuff to learn before etc.). I'm currently  C/A1C (Senior Airman next week) how likely am i to get selected to go? I am attending my basic encampment this year so i will have that prerequisite, I am working on getting GTM3 certified so i also will have GES, IS-100,  IS-700, and ICUT completed.

Thanks in advance guys,
C/A1C Blackwelder.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

Shawn W.

Keep hammering on those ES quals, get as much ground team/DF'ing experience as you can between then and now... If you can get Flight Line Marshaller Qualified too, it would not hurt your chances of getting selected. If you have the means to talk to Cadets/Seniors in your Squadron/Wing who have been to NBB do so..  Make sure that your ES Gear is squared away and that you follow the packing list fairly closely.

I had a great time at NBB as a Tactical Officer (TACO). The days are long but rewarding. Also Pack a decent camera and save save save money for this event.. There is plenty to do and see there. Applications for NBB start right around December, so watch closely when that time rolls around...

Good luck, hope you get selected.