Started by huey, June 14, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

Holding Pattern

Quote from: etodd on June 20, 2018, 01:33:31 AM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on June 19, 2018, 06:50:54 PM
Quote from: etodd on June 19, 2018, 06:05:47 PM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on June 19, 2018, 05:13:42 PM
Quote from: etodd on June 19, 2018, 05:06:40 PM
Quote from: Laplace on June 19, 2018, 01:10:41 PM

I will still write up a SUI AoC if the member has not progressed to Technician or Senior in a reasonable amount of time (2 years or more). 

Nearly three years now and I'm not working on a track. I'm a Mission Pilot, Airborne Photographer, Mission Observer, Mission Scanner. I fly several hours a month on Army Missions, O'Rides, Transport, and more as needed. I've brought in new Cadets to the squadron and help in that area when I can. I stay so busy being active, that I don't have enough hours to work on tracks to get a certificate. I'm a worker bee. Maybe at our last SUI someone "wrote us up" because of me. I don't know. But ask any squadron members and they'll tell you they are very happy with my contributions. That means more to me that any ribbon, certificate, or rank.

You may want to consider being in the ES track.

I was assigned to it when I joined, but as I said, time is an issue. As well as so many things on the list of things to do, that don't exist in our squadron. I forget now, is been a couple years, but things like a library and certain file keeping, or some things like that that don't exist and can't be pulled together for some reason. I'll try and go back soon and look. We have ES officers in our squadron, so they must have skipped over the things I mention.  Kind of like when I started AP a couple years ago and so much of the Mission Task Guide was out of date and we just had to skip some items on the SQTR sheet. Some times you just have to "make do".  LOL

The training plan and library are the only 2 checkboxes that you probably haven't fulfilled. TBH, Neither of them take terribly long, especially if you work on it with another person.

And there really isn't a time limit.

I'm sure you are probably correct. I looked at the Technician test awhile back and at only 20 questions, knocked that out quickly one night. I still need IS-800.    100,200, and 700 all seemed very repetitive to me. I'll see what 800 is like soon.

IS800 recently got redone by FEMA. It isn't the snoozefest it used to be, though it is still a bit dry.

Brad

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 20, 2018, 03:10:19 AM
My understanding from my recent SUI is that AoC's are no longer a thing. It also does not appear in the ratings definition section of the SUI template. It might still be somewhere else, I didn't look that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh. Yeah they did take AoCs out, I just looked through the SUI Report template.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Laplace

Quote from: Brad on June 20, 2018, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 20, 2018, 03:10:19 AM
My understanding from my recent SUI is that AoC's are no longer a thing. It also does not appear in the ratings definition section of the SUI template. It might still be somewhere else, I didn't look that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh. Yeah they did take AoCs out, I just looked through the SUI Report template.

SUI Inspectors are still encouraged to detail and list AoCs under the Identified Weakness section, and they will remain in the final version of the SUI Report.  They are not counted in the area that details the Mission Grades and number of Discrepancies or Commendables.

AoCs are in the draft version of the Wing CI Report, but removed in the final version.