FEMA IS100, 700 have been updated.

Started by Holding Pattern, June 26, 2018, 12:32:07 AM

Holding Pattern

While there is no requirement to take the new courses, it can help keep you on the same page with newer members who may take the courses.

Holding Pattern

IS100 is way cleaner than the old course. I'll report on 700 later.

Holding Pattern

700 is cleaner, but longer.

Both are worth re-doing.

etodd

I just completed and passed IS800. My eyes were all glazed over by the time I was finished. I'll have to have a copy of it with me to refer back to if I'm ever in a circumstance where I might need that info. Well, that applies to 100, 200, & 700 as well.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

CAP9907

Quote from: etodd on June 26, 2018, 02:55:39 AM
I just completed and passed IS800. My eyes were all glazed over by the time I was finished. I'll have to have a copy of it with me to refer back to if I'm ever in a circumstance where I might need that info. Well, that applies to 100, 200, & 700 as well.

If you don't plan on leaving the cockpit, it is not likely those courses will ever be really relevant to your duties. However, if you plan on being a Branch Director or Section Chief, they will be very helpful for those positions
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

etodd

Quote from: CAP9907 on June 26, 2018, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: etodd on June 26, 2018, 02:55:39 AM

If you don't plan on leaving the cockpit, it is not likely those courses will ever be really relevant to your duties. However, if you plan on being a Branch Director or Section Chief, they will be very helpful for those positions

They are all required just to be an ESO.  Thats about as far as I want to go.

SouthernCross

etodd,

Is the IS800c found on the FEMA website the same as the IS800 you took?

etodd

Quote from: SouthernCross on June 26, 2018, 10:56:59 PM
etodd,

Is the IS800c found on the FEMA website the same as the IS800 you took?

Well I sure hope I took the correct one. It showed up on my 101 card as IS800, but yes, this is the one I took:

https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-800.c