Random animals you have met on missions

Started by Tubacap, June 03, 2008, 02:07:32 AM

SAR-EMT1

While not a CAP mission... one time two deer hit my ambulance while we were rolling at 85mph

Yes... there was a pt. onboard

Yes... my partner wet himself

... and his wife who has a scanner and heard our incident report to dispatch, called terrified two minutes later.    ::)

CAP SAREX: a VERY upset female wolverine
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

W3ZR

Not long ago I attended SLS and was confronted with a
barelegged tubacap, from what I hear their legs are shorter
on one side cause they live in the mountains !

Robert Montgomery, soon to be former Captain, CAP

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

♠SARKID♠

QuoteCAP SAREX: a VERY upset female wolverine

I didn't know we had wolverines in this part of the country.

And as long as your talking about hitting animals, I have to admit my accident.  One of those fox pups ran under my vehicle and got hit.  Made me sad, not because I'm specifically sympathetic towards animals (I teach hunter's safety and all), but because I really like foxes  :'(

SAR-EMT1

Well, it may not have bene a wolverine... but it dang sure wasnt a badger or raccoon.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Duke Dillio

I had a badger try to attack my armored vehicle when I was stationed in Colorado.  We had parked and my driver and I heard this really wierd noise.  I can't describe it.  I got out of the TC hatch and walked over to the side of the vehicle and looked down.  This thing was like running up, slamming itself against one of our road wheels.  Then, it backed up, slammed itself again.  Then it started snarling and tried to eat the rubber on the road wheels.  We ended up moving away from that area.....

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Sqn72DO on June 10, 2008, 05:09:11 AM
I had a badger try to attack my armored vehicle when I was stationed in Colorado.  We had parked and my driver and I heard this really wierd noise.  I can't describe it.  I got out of the TC hatch and walked over to the side of the vehicle and looked down.  This thing was like running up, slamming itself against one of our road wheels.  Then, it backed up, slammed itself again.  Then it started snarling and tried to eat the rubber on the road wheels.  We ended up moving away from that area.....

Hey, where's the cream filling?

mikeylikey

The only time I ran across an animal was when an idiot Lt Col decided he would bring his dog out with him.  He let it loose.....knocked over the computer table, and the donuts and coffee ended up in the dirt.  We were all so Freaking upset.......
What's up monkeys?

hatentx

I was out in the flield for my Army training and we where asleep during the day.  We had some Pilots think they would be funny and chase the hurd of cattle which led to a mini stampeded.  luckily only a couple of the cows decided to go through out tent and it was on the day shifts sleeping side.  So Cows and crazy Pilots

Tubacap

My family and I went on a hike today.  I thought for certain some sort of herd was coming our way through the forest.  It turns out, it was the loudest chipmunk ever!
NER-PA-001

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Tubacap on June 13, 2008, 03:15:52 AM
My family and I went on a hike today.  I thought for certain some sort of herd was coming our way through the forest.  It turns out, it was the loudest chipmunk ever!

You have no idea how frustrating that is out deer hunting...

SJFedor

Quote from: Sqn72DO on June 10, 2008, 05:09:11 AM

Badgers, Badgers, Badgers, Badgers.....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

_

SJFedor

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on June 13, 2008, 06:58:48 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on June 13, 2008, 06:49:31 AM
Badgers, Badgers, Badgers, Badgers.....

Mushroom, Mushroom

Hey! That's topic drift. We're talking about ANIMALS, not fungi!! You're gonna get this thread locked!!!  >:D >:D >:D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

ThorntonOL

I think it was about a year ago NY wing got the ok for a very odd mission.
They were asked to track down two Buffalo for a farmer.
Well to make a short story even shorter.
Yhey ound the buffalo,called their owner who came for them now that he knew where they where and our wing ended up with a good story to tell.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

mikeylikey

I know there is a Buffalo in NY, but I never knew there were Buffalo in NY!  hahahahaa   :D
What's up monkeys?

BigMojo

Everglades FTX's are always fun... Gators, Snakes, and Boars...Oh My. WHY I can't carry my sidearm for protection of myself and others on these is beyond me....
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Tubacap

I thought about getting a Boar, or at least a pot bellied pig, for a pet.
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on June 17, 2008, 10:09:25 PM

We have them at Wing HQ. 

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on June 18, 2008, 08:03:37 PM
Quote from: Tubacap on June 17, 2008, 10:09:25 PM

We have them at Wing HQ. 

Continue that talk and you find yourself transfered to the Brazilian CAP. 
What's up monkeys?