XKCD. win

Sorry to derail further but... xkcd is proper, not XKCD.  :P
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

HGjunkie

Quote from: BTCS1* on June 22, 2011, 11:47:58 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on June 22, 2011, 01:45:35 AM
XKCD. win

I fail. So used to SMBC that it's all cross-polluted my brains.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ßτε

Quote from: BTCS1* on June 22, 2011, 11:47:58 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on June 22, 2011, 01:45:35 AM
XKCD. win

Quote from: http://xkcd.com/about/How do I write "xkcd"? There's nothing in Strunk and White about this.

For those of us pedantic enough to want a rule, here it is: The preferred form is "xkcd", all lower-case. In formal contexts where a lowercase word shouldn't start a sentence, "XKCD" is an okay alternative. "Xkcd" is frowned upon.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ß τ ε on June 23, 2011, 02:36:01 AM
    For those of us pedantic enough to want a rule, here it is: The preferred form is "xkcd", all lower-case. In formal contexts where a lowercase word shouldn't start a sentence, "XKCD" is an okay alternative. "Xkcd" is frowned upon.

Sadly, that's more of a style guide than we have...  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Maverick925

Have any of you actually read her book?  It's not a bad read, and she's not one of those conspiracy theory people who think the government is watching everyone at this very moment.  I got it on my Kindle the first week it was out, and she doesn't talk about "aliens" or anything, but she does talk about how VERY highly compartmentalized the base is, and the book is based on interviews with former base employees.

manfredvonrichthofen

Aliens... It's all aliens. Besides, those "government employees" that she interviewed were government plants. The real "Area 51" is code named "North Dakota" think about it... I have been in the military and have met multiple people from every state, and many from other countries but I am yet to meet anyone from this so called "North Dakota."

ANCIENT ALIENS... ancient aliens

... now that you know too much...

Spaceman3750

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 11, 2012, 07:39:36 PM
Aliens... It's all aliens. Besides, those "government employees" that she interviewed were government plants. The real "Area 51" is code named "North Dakota" think about it... I have been in the military and have met multiple people from every state, and many from other countries but I am yet to meet anyone from this so called "North Dakota."

We met the ancient aliens once upon a time... In Hollywood >:D.

davedove

Not true, I have met someone from North Dakota.  (Come to think of it though, he always did seem a little odd to me. ???)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Майор Хаткевич

manfredvonrichthofen

Exactly the guy I was thinking of! Man that dude is a nut!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 12, 2012, 02:04:59 PM
Exactly the guy I was thinking of! Man that dude is a nut!

He's making quite a killing from the fame. Many a time I've been tempted to buy his $45 ($45!!!!) T-Shirt wih his iconic image.

manfredvonrichthofen