ES Training Day

Started by Mc Gehee, Cody, January 03, 2011, 12:44:06 AM

Mc Gehee, Cody

Im working on getting an ESTD set up for my group. I was wondering hins I'm a Comms guy if any of you ES personal that are GTM GTLs or even ICs if there was something out there that I should put in the classes that is important that the books don't have in them?
Mc Gehee, Cody
Civil Air Patrol USAF Aux. (Inactive)
Cadet Col. AJROTC (Ret.) Color Guard Commander, Honor Guard Commander

ol'fido

One of my suggestions is to have some survival training. Even though it IS in the book, what is presented is regurgitated from military survival manuals where all the sticks and trees are straight, nothing is wet, and works the first time you try it. Get someone who can teach survival as it happens in the real world and knows how to survive in your area. Whether you actually ever use that survival training in the real world is a matter of happenstance, but this training will give your team members a lot of confidence that will reflect in the rest of their training.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

ol'fido:
"Whether you actually ever use that survival training in the real world is a matter of happenstance,"

As we know, you only need to have to start a fire ONCE for it to pat off ;D

ol'fido

^^"...pat off." ??????  ??? ???

Is that like a like California like term. (Sorry, I saw something called a Justin Beiber on one of my wife's talk shows and every other word he said was like.)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret