Age Requirement for FLM and MO

Started by airtrekker5, December 15, 2010, 01:13:55 AM

Kojack

You MUST be 18 to be a Mission Scanner, therefore you MUST be 18 to be on a Mission Aircrew. 

There is NO age limitation for a FL MARSHALLER.  I've had cadets as young as 12 marshalling aircraft, under supervision of course, as is anyone who is not a FL Supervisor required to be under supervision. 

You MUST be 18 in order to be a FL SUPERVISOR.

Flying Pig

I had a blast as a young cadet marshaling CAP planes at search bases.  Good stuff.  Once I had a crusty LTC actually shut his plane down mid taxi.  Im thinking...Hey...I didnt tell you to stop?  He stepped out of his plane, walked over to me grabbed me by the shoulders and physically moved me about 5 paces to the right and then said "There!  I cant see you when you are standing right off the front of my prop.  Stand over here so I see what you want me to do."  He then got back in, fired up his plane and I marshaled him about 50 more feet to his parking spot. ;D

See, even as a Mission Pilot you ARE part of the cadet program!

bosshawk

That crusty ofe LTC actually did you a favor and taught you a lesson that you haven't forgotten.

Some of us ole crusty clowns actually do know something!!!!!
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

airtrekker5

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 18, 2010, 05:35:47 PM
I had a blast as a young cadet marshaling CAP planes at search bases.  Good stuff.  Once I had a crusty LTC actually shut his plane down mid taxi.  Im thinking...Hey...I didnt tell you to stop?  He stepped out of his plane, walked over to me grabbed me by the shoulders and physically moved me about 5 paces to the right and then said "There!  I cant see you when you are standing right off the front of my prop.  Stand over here so I see what you want me to do."  He then got back in, fired up his plane and I marshaled him about 50 more feet to his parking spot. ;D

See, even as a Mission Pilot you ARE part of the cadet program!

Now THAT is funny. How long ago was this?

Flying Pig

I joined as a cadet in 1986, so probably about 88ish.