Color Guard

Started by rebowman, January 19, 2006, 01:08:39 AM

rebowman

I am trying to help my cadets prepare for the Wing Color Guard Competition.  Any advice?

I have read the FLWG guide and found that to be very useful but was wondering if anyone had more pointers...

Thanks.

2Lt Robin Law

MIKE

Mike Johnston

rebowman

Yes, I have.

2Lt Robin Law

Chris Jacobs

If this is your squadrons first year doing it go in with the attitude "we are here to learn for next year."  It will help keep the cadets calm and thinking more about working on the problems instead of worrying about the problems.  Of course if they have done it before then they should have an idea about what they need to work on.  OK and for a few tricks i know.

To help make the turns look nice an crisp take a guidon pole and put it behind their backs.  this forces them to turn as a unit instead of just 4 people.

at the competition go over the uniform before the inspection, and then again, and again, and then have someone else go over it.  there is always a few things you can fix and every little thing helps.

best thing to do is just stay calm.  Even if you screw up or run into a problem just don't worry about it there is not a lot you are going to be able to do and it is best to just to stay calm.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron