Cadet Commander Duty Positions

Started by Cadet CMSgt, August 19, 2015, 06:47:53 PM

Cadet CMSgt

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 26, 2015, 07:49:41 PM
....I am indeed male >_>

Any more specificity than that?

I'm really not getting the issue here, other than you have a problem with the person above you, which could be very well legitimate. But what's happening when you go beyond that person? Is (are) your problem(s) being resolved?
Usually yes but then later I'm pulled aside by C/DC or now C/CC an lectured about how broke the chain. But i didn't. :(

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Cadet CMSgt/ Gregg on August 26, 2015, 07:53:13 PM
....I am indeed male >_>

I'm really not getting the issue here, other than you have a problem with the person above you, which could be very well legitimate. But what's happening when you go beyond that person? Is (are) your problem(s) being resolved?
Usually yes but then later I'm pulled aside by C/DC or now C/CC an lectured about how broke the chain. But i didn't. :(

So, correct me if I'm mistaken....

You went to the C/CC on an issue, who directed you to the DCC, and then C/CC chewed you out after? Or am I missing something in this

Cadet CMSgt

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 26, 2015, 07:54:46 PM
....I am indeed male >_>

You went to the C/CC on an issue, who directed you to the DCC, and then C/CC chewed you out after? Or am I missing something in this
You are correct and the new C/CC doesnt. Direct me to senior members if he can't help me. He forgets it ever came up. So then I'd take it up the chain.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Cadet CMSgt/ Gregg on August 26, 2015, 08:03:01 PM
....I am indeed male >_>

You are correct and the new C/CC doesnt. Direct me to senior members if he can't help me. He forgets it ever came up. So then I'd take it up the chain.

Oooookay. Now I'm getting it.

Try this---
Ask your C/CC if you two can talk in private. Explain to him your issue that you feel the chain of command isn't helping solve certain problems that are being brought to their attention, and when someone has to jump a link in the chain when something isn't addressed, people are getting chastised for it.

Keep in mind, there is a possibility that maybe you aren't in the right on certain issues. Not everything needs to be "resolved" just because one person thinks it does. Their way of addressing a problem could be considering it not to be a problem. But if this is a repeat problem with multiple issues, then this is something to perhaps discuss with the DCC as an ongoing concern with the cadet chain of command.

I really can't jump to that conclusion of "OMG! You're right and they're totally wrong with the way they're doing things!" That might not actually be the case, so excuse me if I don't take sides here. It seems like you have an issue with problems being addressed in your squadron, and very little is being done to help correct whatever the negative situations might be.

There's not a whole lot more to offer you since I don't have much knowledge of whatever the problems are that you're having. The details are lacking to really help dig down deep and give you a more solid answer. If it's something more private that you just don't feel like sharing on an open forum, shoot a message to me, but other than that, I can't give much better advice.

Storm Chaser

The chain of command is clear. You should always try to resolve issues at the lowest level possible. But if your issue is not being resolved, then you go to the next level. That's not breaking the chain of command, especially when you keep your supervisor or commander informed. In addition, cadets are allowed to go to senior members to resolve issues other cadets can't resolve. You don't need permission from the cadet commander for that.

If you have issues with assignments, promotions, awards, qualifications, testing, waivers, approvals, etc., then there's nothing your cadet commander can do because it's not up to him or her to resolve those issues, but up to your commander or deputy commander for cadets. Sometimes cadets overstep their authority and that's when you need to get your commander involved.

Cadet CMSgt

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 26, 2015, 08:13:54 PM
Quote from: Cadet CMSgt/ Gregg on August 26, 2015, 08:03:01 PM
....I am indeed male >_>

Oooookay. Now I'm getting it.

Try this---
Ask your C/CC if you two can talk in private. Explain to him your issue that you feel the chain of command isn't helping solve certain problems that are being brought to their attention, and when someone has to jump a link in the chain when something isn't addressed, people are getting chastised for it.

Keep in mind, there is a possibility that maybe you aren't in the right on certain issues. Not everything needs to be "resolved" just because one person thinks it does. Their way of addressing a problem could be considering it not to be a problem. But if this is a repeat problem with multiple issues, then this is something to perhaps discuss with the DCC as an ongoing concern with the cadet chain of command.

I really can't jump to that conclusion of "OMG! You're right and they're totally wrong with the way they're doing things!" That might not actually be the case, so excuse me if I don't take sides here. It seems like you have an issue with problems being addressed in your squadron, and very little is being done to help correct whatever the negative situations might be.

There's not a whole lot more to offer you since I don't have much knowledge of whatever the problems are that you're having. The details are lacking to really help dig down deep and give you a more solid answer. If it's something more private that you just don't feel like sharing on an open forum, shoot a message to me, but other than that, I can't give much better advice.
Your fine Sir you've helped greatly and I will take this to my C/CC and maybe DCC at the same time. I hope this will help with any future problems. And I understand not taking sides i wouldn't either. Thank you.