Cadet Activities

Started by Turbine 33, May 07, 2012, 11:30:31 AM

Turbine 33

Hello everyone. I am due to take over as DCC in a few months in my squadron. I would like to put together a check list or binder of required documents for cadet activities and copies of CAPR pertaining to cadet activities.

I don't know where to start though. I'm hoping y'all can provide some direction. Thanks in advance.
1st Lieutenant
Group 1 ES Ofifcer
Communications Officer
Jefferson 55

Jefferson 133

Briski

First of all, congratulations in advance! :)

Here are a few of forms you might consider including:

• CAPF 31 Application for CAP Encampment or Special Activity
  • CAPF 54 Civil Air Patrol High Adventure Activity Request
  • CAPF 60 Emergency Notification Data
  • CAPF 62 Standard Operational Risk Safety Briefing Card

The CAPF 31 is not required for squadron activities, but it might be helpful for activities where you want to verify parental permission. The CAPF 54 is used to secure the Wing Commander's approval before doing highspeed stuff like obstacle courses, rappelling, and firearms training. They should have a current copy of the CAPF 60 with them, but it might be helpful to include it in your binder as a reminder to verify. The CAPF 62 is a really good resource, but some of it might not apply to every cadet activity (ie, flight operations).

Those are the only forms I can think of that relate specifically to cadet activities, but you should check out the full index to see if any of the other forms would be helpful.

As for other documents, I'll defer to coudano. :) He has some standard stuff that he uses with all cadet officers who run activities.

Keep us posted on the stuff you come up with!

Thanks,
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

Turbine 33

Briski thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I believe we met during EST at Ft. Pickett two weeks ago.

I'll have a look at those sources. Thanks again!
1st Lieutenant
Group 1 ES Ofifcer
Communications Officer
Jefferson 55

Jefferson 133