Retired General Officers in CAP

Started by ZigZag911, January 11, 2008, 04:04:50 AM

mikeylikey

redacted

Can't argue without getting further off topic!

So are we all in agreement, Generals should be allowed in CAP, but made to start out as a FO, then if they have a command slot, we can award them a comparable rank, then take it away when they move onto another job?  Or should we allow them all in, and just let them wear their AF/Army/Navy/MC uniforms with the stars on them?

I got it, how about we make every Senior Member one of the General Officer Ranks, that way everyone feels better about themselves.  (See what I did, took the Flight Officer propostion, but made it General Officer Stars instead).  I am a genius!
What's up monkeys?

ZigZag911

Somehow this drifted into yet another discussion about grade, rank & authority ( or lack of it in CAP)....all valid subjects, always good to get a rise (or a laugh!) out  of someone....but not the topic of this thread.

If anyone has anymore to offer on the topic at hand -- how to integrate retired general officers into CAP retaining their grade earned in the Real Military -- then speak now....otherwise, moderators, perhaps it's time to shut this one down!

RiverAux

QuoteSo are we all in agreement, Generals should be allowed in CAP, but made to start out as a FO, then if they have a command slot, we can award them a comparable rank, then take it away when they move onto another job?  Or should we allow them all in, and just let them wear their AF/Army/Navy/MC uniforms with the stars on them?
Or we could just use the current system and give them Lt. Col. rank upon joining -- the highest rank allowed. 

ddelaney103

Look, if someone is going to join CAP, they should wear a CAP uniform.  If a General wants come come talk in his old uniform he's allowed, but he doesn't have to be in CAP.

Telling Peter Pace, "sure, you can be a 4 star General in CAP" throws out the window any pretense of grade being anything but bling to hand out to members to get their time and money.

I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you need to figure out what CAP wants out of grade before you can decide who can have what.

MIKE

Mike Johnston