Meanings of display names and signitures

Started by RogueLeader, April 04, 2007, 07:35:46 PM

Cecil DP

Quote from: jimmydeanno on January 26, 2009, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 26, 2009, 03:53:44 AM
(not to mention the fact that I absolutely love the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons).  The h1 portion came from my time in some other forums that I spent a lot of time in >:D.

I always get a good chuckle out of the snowman series - I particluarly like the one where there are hundreds of minature snowmen everywhere...

Sometimes the dad would get a good one in like explaining that B+W photos were because colors weren't invented until the 1960's and prior to that the entire world was black and white.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

G+10

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on January 26, 2009, 03:53:44 AM
Well, as you can see from my sig, my last name is Hobgood.  Those of you who have been in the RM probably know that your military mates would shorten your name, well Hobbs was shortened by some very dear friends of mine while I was in the Navy.  It was something that stuck with me through out my shore duty assignment through my sea duty and first Gulf War time (not to mention the fact that I absolutely love the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons).  The h1 portion came from my time in some other forums that I spent a lot of time in >:D.

I received the ultimate in name shortenings while in the Air Force.

Gniewkowski -> G+10

It works!

Eeyore

Edmo is a nick name I picked up during my fraternity days, there were three people with the first name Jordan so everyone just shortened my last name. By the end of college most people I knew at the school called me Edmo.

Pumbaa

My daughters told me I sounded like Pumbaa one day!!!  Also my distant family was involved in the original Fairchild Republic A10 (last Name)

notaNCO forever

NCO forever was what I wanted to be as a cadet when I made my CAP Talk account.

Major Carrales

Quote from: shorning on April 05, 2007, 03:08:01 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on April 04, 2007, 08:08:38 PM
Quote from: mlcurtis69 on April 04, 2007, 08:02:44 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on April 04, 2007, 07:44:47 PM
Thus, my current "given" nickname is actually... "Major Carrales" or just "MajorCarr."

So, Joe, where does "Sparky" come from?

"Sparky" was my attempt to see if I could create a "nickname" based on a comment about a pic of me with a service cap on that someone started with..."hold on there sparky."  It never caught on.

Yeah...that was me.  There's a reason it never caught on, sport.

By the way, "Sparky" seems to have caught on. >:D
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SaBeR33

For the first part, drop the vowels and you have my initials. The 33, on the other hand, is: 1) my birthdate, 3rd day of 3rd month; 2) I'm the 3rd of 3 boys; the 3rd of three children born to my parents (I have a half-brother for 4 of us total); and 3) my dad was 33 when I was born.

Captain Morgan

Don C. Morgan, Lt Col
AL3, AOBD, GTM3, IC3, IO, LO, MP, MSO
KY Wing Government Relations Officer
Blue Grass Senior Squadron ES Officer
Lexington, KY

PaulR