legalized marijuana ... what will CAP do ?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, November 07, 2012, 02:31:42 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 30, 2012, 07:45:40 PM
That, and I believe it has to do with the insurance rates they get by having a no tobacco policy.  Regardless of the reasoning behind it, you accept the job knowing the requirements.  You dont like that stipulation, then there is a whole list of other agencies you can apply too.  Just like CAP. You dont like our rules, dont join.

Group policies are silly. I figured insurance factored into it, but it shouldn't be hard to have someone pay extra for their habit.

Flying Pig

I dont have an issue with it.  But then again, I am also all for cops passing PFTs, doing random drug testing, etc etc.  If you fail, you get shown the door. But thats just me.   However.... Other cops are fine with being grossly obese chain smokers who take psych meds.  And yes.... they are out there. 

krnlpanick

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 30, 2012, 08:16:35 PM
I dont have an issue with it.  But then again, I am also all for cops passing PFTs, doing random drug testing, etc etc.  If you fail, you get shown the door. But thats just me.   However.... Other cops are fine with being grossly obese chain smokers who take psych meds.  And yes.... they are out there.

That would never happen...

2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Flying Pig

WOW I was just kidding and you had to get all serious!!  ;D :clap:

Майор Хаткевич

That's quite funny. Too bad it looks like he already has the kid's ID. Lol.

ol'fido

I heard from an old road weary cop one time the following sage advice: "You might be able to outrun a Chevy or a Ford, but you can't outrun a Motorola. If you get lucky and do get away, I"ll still be out there tomorrow and I'll be a lot LESS friendly."
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

Quote from: ol'fido on December 01, 2012, 12:34:23 AM
I heard from an old road weary cop one time the following sage advice: "You might be able to outrun a Chevy or a Ford, but you can't outrun a Motorola. If you get lucky and do get away, I"ll still be out there tomorrow and I'll be a lot LESS friendly."

BTDT. Not cheap.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 30, 2012, 07:45:40 PM
That, and I believe it has to do with the insurance rates they get by having a no tobacco policy.  Regardless of the reasoning behind it, you accept the job knowing the requirements.  You dont like that stipulation, then there is a whole list of other agencies you can apply too.  Just like CAP. You dont like our rules, dont join.

New rules were issued in March 2012, will get more strict in 2013.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123330658

"Tobacco use is also prohibited for Airmen in uniform or during school duty hours in formal training courses to include professional military education, officer training school, technical training and inter-service training programs. "

"That Others May Zoom"