Possible for somone of a higher CAP grade to be insubordinate to someone lower?

Started by Trung Si Ma, April 08, 2009, 07:43:06 PM

es_g0d

Operationally, position trumps rank.  I've been the aircraft commander when my squadron commander is in the back.  (Flying B-1s).

But its the same person when you get back on the ground ... so just think about that when confronted with such a sticky situation.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Short Field

Quote from: NavLT on April 24, 2009, 05:09:25 PM
That if the 1LT IC tells the MP how to fly the search and the MP does it differently than directed.  All kinds of arguments ensue about the IC vs the MP.  Experience is the ugly one if the IC is a VFR pilot with 400 Hours and the MP in question is a CFII/MEI with 3000 hours........

If it is not a safety issue, I expect the MP to fly the mission as briefed.  If the grid has already had a N/S search and I ask for a E/W search, then I expect a E/W search.  Or I specify an expanding square and get a normal gird search...  At that point, we are going up the chain really fast and really loud, and I don't care how many hours and ratings the MP has.  There are reasons for different search patterns and it all boils down to improving the probability of finding someone - not affording the crew a nice flight doing what they want to do.  We are not a flying club - we are a professional search and rescue organization.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640