What are some CAP jobs that require minimal computer use?

Started by NC Hokie, May 20, 2016, 01:35:47 PM

NIN

Quote from: THRAWN on May 22, 2016, 07:02:23 PM
Yeah, but if you're 143 and don't care about computers or "improving yourself" and just want to support the unit or the cadets, there are always alternatives. To the OP, seems that many of the staff slots have "assistants" that this guy can be plugged into. I don't know the guy but he might be a MoH recipient or Mel Zetz but I get the feeling he has some value to the unit.

I get that some folks aren't into updating their skills for whatever reason.

But this is like saying circa 1943 "You'll have to send a runner to my house to alert me, I don't use them newfangled phone things."

There's a myriad of reasons why things are substantially "online" these days. Its difficult to tell a long time member that they've been surpassed by technology. But really, its no different than the guy who won't fly SAR or O-flights anymore because he hasn't updated his skill set with learning the Garmin 430 or G1000.  Things change. You need to evolve.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.