Minimum Requirements to be Squadron Commander

Started by USAFRiggerGuy, April 29, 2016, 12:55:39 PM

ZigZag911

Quote from: JeffDG on April 29, 2016, 01:07:07 PM
A pulse and being crazy enough to say "Yes" are the minimum requirements, and the second one can be waivered.   >:D

A pulse is suggested, but I'm not sure it is a non-negotiable requirement!

Also, in lieu of affirmatively agreeing to accept the position, one can also simply be foolish enough to miss the meeting during which volunteers are sought...CAP members are notorious for "volulnteering" absentees!

KASSRCrashResearch

QuoteAlso, in lieu of affirmatively agreeing to accept the position, one can also simply be foolish enough to miss the meeting during which volunteers are sought...CAP members are notorious for "volulnteering" absentees!

Welcome to how one gets put in charge of rescue and EMS ops and training at a volunteer department.  I found out after the meeting (which was on my freaking birthday) by getting a call that started with "We took a vote and you lost...."
I have complete faith in the continued absurdity of what ever is going on.

stillamarine

Quote from: KASSRCrashResearch on May 05, 2016, 10:22:24 PM
QuoteAlso, in lieu of affirmatively agreeing to accept the position, one can also simply be foolish enough to miss the meeting during which volunteers are sought...CAP members are notorious for "volulnteering" absentees!

Welcome to how one gets put in charge of rescue and EMS ops and training at a volunteer department.  I found out after the meeting (which was on my freaking birthday) by getting a call that started with "We took a vote and you lost...."

That's how I ended up the Asst Chief of a VFD.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com