What are we when it comes to goverment data surveys?

Started by Holding Pattern, April 04, 2016, 03:59:17 PM

Please state the agency you work for.

Military
0 (0%)
Federal
4 (23.5%)
Local
1 (5.9%)
Other
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Holding Pattern

When you are answering the question of what entity you work for as a CAP member (for example on FEMA IS courses), what do you write down?

PHall

Holding Pattern

I slightly rephrased the question. I'm never quite certain of my status as a CAP member, because surveys don't normally come with an AUX ON/AUX OFF switch.

JeffDG

Storm Chaser

etodd

Confusing question. Unless you are paid staff at HQ you don't 'work' for CAP. You're a volunteer.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Angus

I always pick other.  IF they include a blank space for fill in the blank I'll take that and fill in Civil Air Patrol. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Luis R. Ramos

Storm-

I think the OP is referring to surveys that are included after registering in an online class or other service usually Federal or state government. These have several options but never or almost never include CAP nor do they have a blank to add such.

These are somewhat like:

"For purposes of _______________, who do you normally associate with: (or "What do you consider your line of work:)

1. Military
2. Federal Government
3. University
4. Secondary school
5. Elementary school
6. State Government
7. Local government
8. Private business (or Self-employed)
9. Other"

Sometimes these surveys also appear in applications for state agency services.

Note in these surveys there are no blank lines after "Other" so obviously you cannot answer "CAP." You cannot answer "Military" nor "Federal government" as we are not either.

To the OP:

I answer "Other." If there is a blank space, I add "Civil Air Patrol." However most of the time I cannot clarify as there is no space.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

For most purposes of a question like that, FEMA ICS classes, etc., I just check "Federal".  In those contexts, that's about as close as
you're going to get.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. If they wanted accurate information they would have made better allowances for the different sort of user groups they are dealing with.