Building continuity binders

Started by UH60guy, July 03, 2013, 12:31:34 PM

SarDragon

For Lord of the North, your copy of CAPR 39-2 is out of date. The first sentence has been changed, noted in bold.

QuotePersonnel records should consist of training records (CAPF 66, Cadet Master Record, prescribed by CAPR 52-16, CAP Cadet Program Management, for cadets; CAPF 45, Senior Member Master Record), and other forms relating to member information such as a copy of the initial application form, CAPF 15, Application for Cadet Membership in the Civil Air Patrol for cadets, CAPF 12, Application for Senior Membership in the Civil Air Patrol, for senior members; and all personnel actions pertaining to the member in the form of published personnel actions, CAPF 2, Request for Promotion Action, CAPF 2A, Request for and Approval of Personnel Actions, and CAPF 120, Recommendation for Decoration.

For Eclipse, here's part of your quote, restated.

QuoteCAP units must be sure that the electronic process used meets all documentation requirements of the respective CAP directive before eliminating the use of hard copy records.

Using my own record as an example, certain actions are not online, like my promotion history in the pre-computer days, anything documented on a 2a, and my CAPF 12 and 120. My ES activity, needed for justification of Find and SAR ribbons and attachments, isn't documented online, either. Out of unit duty assignments, on PAs, are also not electronic. Until every single bit of information is in eServices, there better be a CAPF 45 in the filing cabinet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JeffDG

Quote from: SarDragon on August 21, 2013, 07:36:08 AM

Using my own record as an example, certain actions are not online, like my promotion history in the pre-computer days, anything documented on a 2a, and my CAPF 12 and 120. My ES activity, needed for justification of Find and SAR ribbons and attachments, isn't documented online, either. Out of unit duty assignments, on PAs, are also not electronic. Until every single bit of information is in eServices, there better be a CAPF 45 in the filing cabinet.
Why?

Is there some directive that says "eServices is the only electronic repository that may be used"?

Yep, some things aren't tracked in eServices...so what?  They can still be filed electronically and the paper either never in existence, or destroyed upon scanning.

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on August 21, 2013, 07:36:08 AM

All of those are in there, they just aren't physical pieces of paper.

These days most units have to print out a .pdf that was passed between echelons via email in order to have anything in the files.
Nothing I've done for CAP going back years has been on paper.

"That Others May Zoom"