Main Menu

Level one

Started by usafcap1, August 24, 2012, 05:23:27 AM

usafcap1

Do SM's have study for level one? If yes what do they read?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Fubar

I wouldn't say there is any studying involved, it's more of an introduction to CAP and two several important aspects of being in CAP

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/level-i-foundations/

I'd liken it more to an orientation - it covers the main important "HR" like topics, cadet protection, equal opportunity, and safety (with a little OPSEC thrown in for good measure). There are some quizzes for the foundations module part of level 1, which covers history, policies, uniforms, core vales, leadership and C&C, but the quizzes are open book.

a2capt

usafcap1

Quote from: Fubar on August 24, 2012, 05:32:32 AM
I wouldn't say there is any studying involved, it's more of an introduction to CAP and two several important aspects of being in CAP

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/level-i-foundations/

I'd liken it more to an orientation - it covers the main important "HR" like topics, cadet protection, equal opportunity, and safety (with a little OPSEC thrown in for good measure). There are some quizzes for the foundations module part of level 1, which covers history, policies, uniforms, core vales, leadership and C&C, but the quizzes are open book.

And to complete level one its doing all five test. . . correct?

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: a2capt on August 24, 2012, 05:42:24 AM
This would be excellent for a recruiter to know...

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/level-i-foundations/ :)

Ya ya ya I know I know. . .  Just joking. . . I am trying to learn as much as I can.

(Cadet 2008-2012)

SarDragon

Well, that's only a small part of Level I.

Altogether, there are the following:

Foundations (the history, policies, uniforms, core vales, leadership and C&C tests above, 6 altogether)
CPPT
OPSEC
Safety
EO

And then there's a Summary Conversation with the Commander (or designated rep) to review all that stuff and make sure you've learned it.

When ALL of the above are done, then you have completed Level I.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

At least no one said that Level I is completed on-line...

RogueLeader

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 12:07:46 PM

Well most of it is. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

EMT-83

No, there are three parts completed on-line. The rest is done face-to-face. <sigh>

jeders

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 24, 2012, 01:47:42 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 12:07:46 PM

Well most of it is. . .
Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 02:27:15 PM
No, there are three parts completed on-line. The rest is done face-to-face. <sigh>

Last time I checked 3 out of 5 is the same as most. Also, the orientation course and CPPT are done online with summary discussions afterwards before final completion is given. So, yeah, most of it is done online.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

EMT-83

<sigh, again>

CPPT and Foundations are NOT completed on-line. They, along with the Summary Conversation, are done face-to-face with the new member. The materials are available on-line, hence the confusion.

Level I sets the tone for what is expected of a new member: history, customs and courtesies, uniforms, etc. All the things that folks here on CAP Talk complain about.

If you're treating it as an on-line course, you're doing it wrong.

Eclipse

EMT-83, I think they are playing with you!

I'd like to see GES in level 1 as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 03:47:11 PM
<sigh, again>

CPPT and Foundations are NOT completed on-line. They, along with the Summary Conversation, are done face-to-face with the new member. The materials are available on-line, hence the confusion.

Level I sets the tone for what is expected of a new member: history, customs and courtesies, uniforms, etc. All the things that folks here on CAP Talk complain about.

Then what are all those quizzes that are taken?  Yes, Level One requires face to face time to VERIFY what was taught, but most of the "teaching" is done online.  No, I do not treat it like a Online course.  I just realize that the course is what it is, and I call it that.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jeders

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 03:47:11 PM
<sigh, again>

Quote from: CAPR 50-173-3. Foundations Course Objectives. This module is normally taken on-line...

The regs seem to disagree with you.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

EMT-83

Quote from: jeders on August 24, 2012, 05:10:43 PM/quote]

Quote from: CAPR 50-173-3. Foundations Course Objectives. This module is normally taken on-line...

Except that there is no on-line module.

jeders

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 05:46:05 PM
Quote from: jeders on August 24, 2012, 05:10:43 PM/quote]

Except that there is no on-line module.

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 24, 2012, 04:23:00 PM
Then what are all those quizzes that are taken? 

?

RogueLeader

Quote from: jeders on August 24, 2012, 05:54:27 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on August 24, 2012, 04:23:00 PM
Then what are all those quizzes that are taken? 

?

If there is no significant portion of foundations online; what are the three blocks of instruction with all of those 10 question quizzes?  Those all seem online to me.  Or am I just not understanding?  As I said before, there is the summary conversation block after the quizzes, but that's not all of it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

EMT-83

The material is available on-line, just like the material for SLS, CLC, UCC, etc.

That does not mean that Level I is taken on-line any more than the above mentioned courses are. Yes, Safety, EO and OPSEC are taken on-line. The remaining topics are completed face-to-face with the new member.

If you consider Level I to be an on-line program, you are doing a huge disservice to the new member.

RogueLeader

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 24, 2012, 09:40:37 PM
The material is available on-line, just like the material for SLS, CLC, UCC, etc.

That does not mean that Level I is taken on-line any more than the above mentioned courses are. Yes, Safety, EO and OPSEC are taken on-line. The remaining topics are completed face-to-face with the new member.

If you consider Level I to be an on-line program, you are doing a huge disservice to the new member.

Like I said before, that Level One is not an online course, just that MOST of the materials and learning ARE.  I'm not saying I think it should be; that is just how it is.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSG Mac

FYI, Level I is currently being rewritten to correct some errors. I"m sure that there will also be several sections rewritten due to the governance changes which were just announced. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member