Started by vento, April 24, 2012, 05:25:30 PM

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Nathan

Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

Quote from: greatdane1945 on April 27, 2012, 05:02:19 PM"Eventually the CAPF 75 will be phased out and all will be required to carry the CAPF101.

One would have to presume then, that by that eventuality, 101's will have some method of being issued to those not involved with ES, then. 

There's lot's of people who drive COV's who aren't.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2012, 07:43:03 PM
Ew. I hate having to pay to access my own records.

Are you referring to having to pull a state abstract?

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on April 30, 2012, 09:34:23 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2012, 07:43:03 PM
Ew. I hate having to pay to access my own records.

Are you referring to having to pull a state abstract?

In California it costs $5.  We've always had to pay to get a copy of your driving record.

Eclipse

In Illinois it's $15, but the Wing has an agreement with the DMV and they get them for free.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

If you deal with a legacy insurance company, (Allstate, Farmers, Payusmore, etc. ) with the agent (everyone takes a piece) structure, you can usually get a report from them for nothing. ... of course, they're going to look at it, too. ;-)

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on April 30, 2012, 09:33:50 PM
Quote from: greatdane1945 on April 27, 2012, 05:02:19 PM"Eventually the CAPF 75 will be phased out and all will be required to carry the CAPF101.

One would have to presume then, that by that eventuality, 101's will have some method of being issued to those not involved with ES, then. 

There's lot's of people who drive COV's who aren't.

I've always been involved in ES, so I don't know if this is true. Can't anyone print their own 101 card from eServices, even if it's blank? I know as an ESO I can print a member's "blank" 101.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Camas

Anyone can print his/her own CAPF101 card from e-services and I believe you might be able to print cards from other members of your own unit as well. As you are an ESO you also have permissions to edit and update other member's cards.

I have a CAPF75 from the WMU that our wing has used in the past. So now what must I do to get this updated in e-services? I'm sure I've missed something.

ßτε

Quote from: Camas on May 01, 2012, 07:00:51 PM
Anyone can print his/her own CAPF101 card from e-services and I believe you might be able to print cards from other members of your own unit as well. As you are an ESO you also have permissions to edit and update other member's cards.

I have a CAPF75 from the WMU that our wing has used in the past. So now what must I do to get this updated in e-services? I'm sure I've missed something.
I think anyone can print anyone elses CAPF 101.

If you currently have a CAPF 75, it is valid until your state DL is renewed, or 5 years from issue, whichever is sooner. You do not need to update it until it expires at which time you will use eServices.

PHall

Quote from: ß τ ε on May 01, 2012, 07:21:12 PM
Quote from: Camas on May 01, 2012, 07:00:51 PM

I think anyone can print anyone elses CAPF 101.

If you currently have a CAPF 75, it is valid until your state DL is renewed, or 5 years from issue, whichever is sooner. You do not need to update it until it expires at which time you will use eServices.

The first part of your statement is correct. Your current CAPF 75 is good until your state drivers licence expires.
When you renew your state DL, you need to renew your CAP DL using e-services.

Once I uploaded my current state DL and my driving record and submitted it, I had an approved CAP DL in about 48 hours. YMMV.
In CAWG it needs approvals at the squadron, group and wing level.

ßτε

Phil,

I am not sure what you found to be incorrect with my post. Once your DL expires, you need to update the CAP DL in eServices.

Eclipse

Here's what the new DL looks like on the 101 card.

Pretty much a painless process, especially if your wing is getting the abstract for you.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I got my own abstract, and it was still really easy.

Also, I found out that the uploaded docs are dumped when the license is approved, so they aren't sitting out there unattended on the 'Net.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

That is done intentionally and even says so in the instructions.

Everyone's DL requires approval at their unit level and all higher echelons to wing.

While most wings use the expiration date of your state issued license, some do not, particularly those with 10 year licenses.

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on May 30, 2012, 10:12:28 PMAlso, I found out that the uploaded docs are dumped when the license is approved, so they aren't sitting out there unattended on the 'Net.

Yep - mine were gone as son as the approval come through.

"That Others May Zoom"