New CAP Driver's License application process in eServices

Started by vento, April 24, 2012, 05:25:30 PM

vento

Did anybody use the newly launched CAP Driver's License application process in eServices?
It is supposed to be the new way to obtain a CAP Driver's License and the qualification would show up on the 101 card.

I've sent my application in, but so far haven't heard anything back yet (confirmation e-mail).

Eclipse

Just entered my request for renewal.

My wing gets the abstracts for us, so it will be interesting to see how that works.

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

My CAP DL expires next month when my state DL expires.  It will be interesting to see how this process works.

Why does CAP bother with an internal license?  It adds extra administrative burden without any clear benefit I'm aware of.  It might be different if we had to take a "check-ride."  My CAP DL was purely a paper chase.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Eclipse

There's plenty of people on the road who can legally drive that we don't want anywhere near a COV.

DUI's with hardship licenses, people with a history of accidents, people with lots of tickets, people with lots of parking tickets, people with certain
specific restrictions on their licenses, etc.

These are automatic disqualifiers for a CAP license, while they could certainly be on the road in many states:

DUI/DWI
Three or more moving violations
Six or more non-moving violations
Reckless driving
Vehicle felony (hit and run; negligent homicide; theft; assault with a motor vehicle)
License revocation is automatic permanent CAP DL revocation.

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

^ Good points all around.  I hadn't thought it through that far.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 05:46:16 PM

My wing gets the abstracts for us, so it will be interesting to see how that works.

I can tell you from a conversation with the wing transportation officer on Thursday that they're still not sure what they're going to do with that application.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2012, 06:12:33 PM

I can tell you from a conversation with the wing transportation officer on Thursday that they're still not sure what they're going to do with that application.

Other than eliminating the paper, I don't see what the issue is - member enters their info, LGT reviews and uploads the abstract.
Click, approve, done.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2012, 06:12:33 PM

Other than eliminating the paper, I don't see what the issue is - member enters their info, LGT reviews and uploads the abstract.
Click, approve, done.

She said something about a wet signature >:D. *nudge nudge*

Just kidding, but that's kind of along the lines of what I said. Instead of having to track down each commander, they can just click a button when it pops up. Though, there are still squadron and group commanders in our wing that don't acknolwedge the existence of computers and still fax activity approvals to wing...

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2012, 06:23:25 PMThough, there are still squadron and group commanders in our wing that don't acknolwedge the existence of computers and still fax activity approvals to wing...

Yeah, no kidding, that and snail mail.  Ugh.

Working it, but it's slow.

"That Others May Zoom"

Angus

I haven't see it yet. where on exervices is it located? 

Never mind found it. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Spaceman3750

Why is there no box next to the 8/9 passenger authorization and why is there no 12pac authorization?

ßτε

Quote from: Flint on April 24, 2012, 07:07:42 PM
I haven't see it yet. where on exervices is it located?
Operations Qualifications (and My Operations Qualifications).

ßτε

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2012, 07:10:53 PM
Why is there no box next to the 8/9 passenger authorization and why is there no 12pac authorization?
They aren't on yours? They appear on mine.

Spaceman3750

Must be because I'm under 21. Hm. Oh well, that problem will go away in a few months.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2012, 07:19:20 PM
Must be because I'm under 21. Hm. Oh well, that problem will go away in a few months.

Yes, under 21 the options are limited.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Has anything changed about what we are required to produce for one?

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
Has anything changed about what we are required to produce for one?

Not that I can see.

Requirements -

Age check (18)
Copy of current Driver's License
Copy of current driving abstract

Still requires you renew your state DL before renewing your CAPDL.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

So the CAPDL is a four year thing? I didn't think anything in CAP lasted over three years without renewal.

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 08:15:52 PM
So the CAPDL is a four year thing? I didn't think anything in CAP lasted over three years without renewal.

Everything I can find says that your CAP ID is concurrent with your state driver's license, and that's the way its always worked in my wing.
No idea if that is any different in a state like Arizona where a license is good until your 65th birthday.

"That Others May Zoom"